No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Takes Rematch, Beats Vanes Martirosyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
    He does enough to win. Once hes ahead he doesnt take any risks. If he took more risks he could have KOD vanes he hurt him those straight lefts. Dude is a skilled ass fighter just doesnt take too many risks when he doesnt need to.
    The thing is he really IS taking a risk by not engaging and running backwards in circles. That is frowned upon in the pros and can hurt him on the judges cards like it already has. A judge can easily score the round for the guy who is engaging and landing more punches that are ugly vs Lara's clean punching but only a few punches and he is running backwards most of the fight. I can't believe he didn't learn his lesson after the Canelo fight. He could have won that fight if he had a different trainer that would have screamed at him and said "this is the pros! Let your damn hands go or they won't give you the fight!". Especially against Canelo of all people. Then he turns around and gets an easy showcase fight against delvin Rodriguez and won't step on the gas and stop him when every sign is there that he could have and should have. They set that fight up for him to look like a destroyer and he STILL chose to bore everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      What f.uck'n planet are you living on bruh??? GGG is not a star. GGG did roughly 100K buys in his PPV. There's a decent chance Crawford-Postol challenges that. Canelo did 600K buys in a circus act. He did over 300K with this same Lara that isn't a draw. Did 300K with Angulo. All GGG does is sellout arenas witg cheap ticket prices. Canelo put 40K asses in a stadium with Trout. That's a star. GGG is just a goofy look'n sum-b1tch with a cult following of delusional fanboys. I'm asked all the time by casual fans, "who is GGG?" Dude is a nobody. And the biggest reason is becauee he fights nobody.
      You're taking Glaser's number selectively, AGAIN. He said 320k for Khan. Ggg is obviously the biggest draw on US soil above 155. That would make him a star, dumb****

Comment

What f.uck'n planet are you living on bruh??? GGG is not a star. GGG did roughly 100K buys in his PPV. There's a decent chance Crawford-Postol challenges that. Canelo did 600K buys in a circus act. He did over 300K with this same Lara that isn't a draw. Did 300K with Angulo. All GGG does is sellout arenas witg cheap ticket prices. Canelo put 40K asses in a stadium with Trout. That's a star. GGG is just a goofy look'n sum-b1tch with a cult following of delusional fanboys. I'm asked all the time by casual fans, "who is GGG?" Dude is a nobody. And the biggest reason is becauee he fights nobody.
        Yet you consider Ward a star.... I mean how do you even take yourself seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
          Mayweather was the exception not the rule. Only mainstream defense fighter in history, seriously...

Most profitable? Yes, but a large part of that is due to inflation and the development of the PPV model. Most popular of all time? No way....
          Inflation??? Floyd did most of his numbers at a time when the American economy was in a pretty bad place. He wasn't popular. He just learned that whether they pay to see you win or lose is irrelevant, as long as they pay. Floyd's biggest paying audience was his haters. So in essance, his haters were his biggest fans.

Comment

Inflation??? Floyd did most of his numbers at a time when the American economy was in a pretty bad place. He wasn't popular. He just learned that whether they pay to see you win or lose is irrelevant, as long as they pay. Floyd's biggest paying audience was his haters. So in essance, his haters were his biggest fans.
            Yes inflation.... Tyson's ppv's were 19.95, and that was in the early 90's.... Nice try.

Comment

Yet you consider Ward a star.... I mean how do you even take yourself seriously?
              I don't ever remeber saying Ward was a star. But I do know a Ward-GGG PPV outdoes GGG against pretty much anybody not named Canelo or Cotto. So if its simply about him making the biggest fights, why pass on that one?

Comment

I don't ever remeber saying Ward was a star. But I do know a Ward-GGG PPV outdoes GGG against pretty much anybody not named Canelo or Cotto. So if its simply about him making the biggest fights, why pass on that one?
                Okay i'm interested in your take on Ward's drawing power. Can you give me a good post, like the GGG one? Comment on his fans too as well.

EDIT:

Here ill start you off. Man that Andre Ward is such a star, soooo many people come to his fights.... alright now your turn.

Comment

Yes inflation.... Tyson's ppv's were 19.95, and that was in the early 90's.... Nice try.
                  So are we talking PPV revenue or. PPV buys. Because according to your logic, Floyd shouldn't have done more buys, which he did, in a bad economy, with bigger asking prices.

Comment

It says I'm blocked?

Are there keywords I'm not allowes to us?
                    Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-22-2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      You're taking Glaser's number selectively, AGAIN. He said 320k for Khan. Ggg is obviously the biggest draw on US soil above 155. That would make him a star, dumb****
                      OK GGG is a star. Lara did pretty well as a B-side for a fellow star in Canelo. So we know when matched with a star, he can do a good number. Why shouldn't GGG fight him again?

Comment

Working...
                      X