No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Lama is free to ask for whatever purse he wants to...
    But tell me: starting with which figure do you think that Lara is pricing himself out?
    Yes and no.

Realistically, he is asking for way too much. No fighter should expect that kind of purse except if they are in with Floyd, Manny, Canelo or a HWT champion.

However, K2 offered BJS this amount. It's not fair to say Lara is "pricing himself out" by asking for the same amount K2 willingly and publicly offered BJS.

I agree with jozef that Lara will not get this much if they fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
      Now change Laras name with Golovkin and GGG with Floyd shall we?

I am far from a Golovkin fan, BUT HE IS BEGGING FOR THIS DAMN FIGHT, Floyd fans cliam he is TBE in the damn world, well Golovkin is calling him out loud and ****ing clear...If he loses so the hell what, it will be the biggest name on Floyd's resume that wasn't a cherry pick. I think Floyd will PED abuse but hell fight the man and get it out of the way..Better then the Berto and Maidanas of the damn world.

There you go
      Floyd is a 39 year old retired ww, move on damn..you dont want GGG to fight Lara or Ward but keep mentioning a 39 year old ww

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Khan fought Canelo this year, Lara fought him 2 years ago when he wasn't the cash cow he is now.

I am not connecting better to purse size, you are over simplifying my post and missing the primary point.

BJS got offered $3 mil. Lara is asking for $3 mil. since K2 publicly announced that offer for BJS, fighters better than him are going to ask for the same purse going in. I agree they might not get it, but you can't blame Lara for asking for $3 mil when K2 set the bar at that sum for BJS knowing they would lose money.
        Not a blue chance in hell.

Lara asking for 3M is laughable. He's the unknown, fan-less fighter who just got paid $750K for being on a big showtime triple header. Lara doesn't deserve anywhere close to 3M. If he insists on the 3M, he's another Peter "May-Pac type of money" Quillin.

Comment

Yes and no.

Realistically, he is asking for way too much. No fighter should expect that kind of purse except if they are in with Floyd, Manny, Canelo or a HWT champion.

However, K2 offered BJS this amount. It's not fair to say Lara is "pricing himself out" by asking for the same amount K2 willingly and publicly offered BJS.

I agree with jozef that Lara will not get this much if they fight.
          K2 planned to fight Saunders at a stadium in the U.K. -- hence their over-optimistic revenues expectations.

... Just where GGG would have to fight Lara in order to produce big gateway money?

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Not a blue chance in hell.

Lara asking for 3M is laughable. He's the unknown, fan-less fighter who just got paid $750K for being on a big showtime triple header. Lara doesn't deserve anywhere close to 3M. If he insists on the 3M, he's another Peter "May-Pac type of money" Quillin.
            j0zef I agree with you that Lara doesn't deserve $3 mil. BJS didn't either. If Lara asks for the same amount K2 offered BJS, its hard to get mad at Lara and suggest he is not serious about fighting.

Comment

K2 planned to fight Saunders at a stadium in the U.K. -- hence their over-optimistic revenues expectations.

... Just where GGG would have to fight Lara in order to produce big gateway money?
              I don't know if they were being overly optimistic. I think they just were willing to take a loss for a belt.

I agree with you. there is no way a Lara/GGG fight generates enough to cover that amount. Same for BJS/GGG. It's hard to fault Lara for asking them to take (what I expect would be) a similar loss.

Comment

I don't know if they were being overly optimistic. I think they just were willing to take a loss for a belt.

I agree with you. there is no way a Lara/GGG fight generates enough to cover that amount. Same for BJS/GGG. It's hard to fault Lara for asking them to take (what I expect would be) a similar loss.
                We may go on like that indefinitely...

Maybe they were ready to lose some money in exchange for BJS's belt.
                But why should they lose the same money in a Lara fight? GGG would not fight Lara at 154 for some belt and at 160, Lara brings nothing (not even a previous win). And papa Al proved he's not a promoter -- he can't bring money into such fight...

a.s.o.

Comment

Loeffler contemplated to make that fight at an U.K. stadium as venue... They thought that the U.K. fans would pay to watch their champion being dispatched by a Russian right on their "national soil"... Which is highly improbable.
                  Strange that they thought that. BJS doesn't have a lot of fans. I'm sure plenty of people would really like to watch GGG in the UK but it's nothing close to a stadium fight.

I don't know why people are so hell bent on trying to make everything a stadium fight these days here in the UK. I know there's money to be made but that's only if you can fill it. Bellew is fighting at Goodison Park in his hometown but won't even half fill it.

There's very few fighters that can fill a stadium, and even they need the right dance partner. Saunders is nowhere near that list with or without Golovkin.

Comment

We may go on like that indefinitely...

Maybe they were ready to lose some money in exchange for BJS's belt.
                    But why should they lose the same money in a Lara fight? GGG would not fight Lara at 154 for some belt and at 160, Lara brings nothing (not even a previous win). And papa Al proved he's not a promoter -- he can't bring money into such fight...

a.s.o.
                    I am not saying they should lose the same amount. I am saying its not right to suggest Lara is pricing himself out or not serious about the fight because he asked for that purse.

Lara brings nothing but his reputation. He is more highly regarded then every possible GGG opponent other than Canelo (assuming Jacobs is not available).

Hopefully the sides can make an agreement for a reasonable amount. Lara will have to accept probably half or 60% of the $3 mil.

Comment

• is there a source that lara demanded $3m?

can't be true. $3m is probably what they would get to share between them

Comment

Working...
                      X