Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mayweather "Boxing Business School"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This type of talk is extremely ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      You wasted 300 words to say "I don't like Floyd Mayweather."
      Man, fcuk Floyd Mayweather.

He doesn't give a damn about me or you, but you run to his defense every chance you get.

Floyd could've fixed all the water issues in Flint quicker than Akon was able to provide electricity to 15 countries in Africa, but it's all about Gucci, Hermes, Versace and ironically any other European designer you can think of.

And his business sense in boxing has made things worse than when he first took the helm in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Man, fcuk Floyd Mayweather.

He doesn't give a damn about me
        or you, but you run to his defense every chance you get.

Floyd could've fixed all the water issues in Flint quicker than Akon was able to provide electricity to 15 countries in Africa, but it's all about Gucci, Hermes, Versace and ironically any other European designer you can think of.

And his business sense in boxing has made things worse than when he first took the helm in 2007.
        And you still talk about him despite knowing this.

Comment

Can you imagine if Ali said he won't fight Norton unless he gets 10 Million dollars?

Oh wait..

Comment

Can you imagine if Sugar Ray Robinson said "I'm too pretty to fight Charley Burley" or leaving the arena when he finds out his opponent was changed to Cocoa Kid?

But then again he's only the greatest fighter ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              It was a whole different boxing universe back then. You can bet that if Ali was around today he'd be much more like Mayweather was than people wanna believe. Ali would be talking about PPV #'s left & right. And he'd be killing PPV **** too. Ali was great at hyping & bragging about any & everything.
              Less promoter's back then, so they had more power over fighters.
              Floyd brought free agency to boxing. $$$.

Ali would do big numbers today.

Owners don't like it when the help realizes they hold a lot of the cards.
              Last edited by Zaroku; 05-20-2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Can you imagine if Ali said he won't fight Norton unless he gets 10 Million dollars?

Oh wait..

Didn't know that

Comment

Oh wait..
                  Can you imagine if Sugar Ray Robinson said "I'm too pretty to fight Charley Burley" or leaving the arena when he finds out his opponent was changed to Cocoa Kid?

But then again he's only the greatest fighter ever.
                  Everyone falls into the trap of thinking all of this is new. We're just more aware of it now due to the age we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    Everyone falls into the trap of thinking all of this is new. We're just more aware of it now due to the age we live in.
                    Not everyone. Nostalgic crackheads are high on the past. Hustlers make things happen in the present. Airheads ********** about the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      Less promoter's back then, so they had more power over fighters.
                      Floyd brought free agency to boxing. $$$.
                      Idk about this. There were less powerful promoters back then, but the top fighters had more free agency then fighters do today. I don't believe Ali had a particular promoter for crazy periods like guys do now. It was more wild wild west cuz a random guy out of prison like King could jump in the business & get Ali & Foreman to fight just by getting them to agree to the fight for $5M a piece.

I mean there is no way anything like that could happen today cuz Ali & Foreman would probably be contractually obligated to separate promoters &/or networks if they were around in this era. You'd probably need some Tyson vs Lewis type stuff to go down to get that made.

Comment

Working...
                      X