Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin, Ramirez Ridicule Canelo Over Vacating WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doubletake View Post
    http://www.latinone.com/articles/213...-news-2013.htm

No, but that's because the WBC smartened up and didn't try enforcing a mandatory against their money-printing machine. Had they tried forcing the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, Mayweather was ready to throw their belt in the garbage.

floyd imo was absolutely correct:

"Here's the Manny Pacquiao story. Manny Pacquiao was at welterweight. He lost to Timothy Bradley, no matter how you cut it, how you slice it, he lost to Timothy Bradley. He got knocked out by Marquez. He came back and went the distance with a lightweight. And now all of a sudden, he's the mandatory for my title,"

Comment

Originally posted by sako5 View Post
      Lol, what are you? A Boxing fan or a portfolio manager?
      It was Team Golovkin who brought "doesn't make financial sense" into the boxing lexicon. But now that the shoe is on the other foot we are suddenly supposed to not judge him by those same standards?

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
      what risk are you talking about?
      He fought high-risk low-reward Erislandy Lara when he didn't have to. He also conceded purse split to Cotto and weight to Floyd.

The guy did what he had to do to get the fights he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't everybody's favorite fighter ggg the only undisputed champion in boxing now ? Well Kovalev would be also if chickenson had fought him.
        Nope still one belt out there hopefully that fight gets made.

Comment

El Rajon de Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico!! What happened to "I'll put on the gloves right now and fight anyone, and Mexicans don't **** around!" Charlatan!!!
          Last edited by BestPR; 05-19-2016, 02:31 PM. Reason: Add

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            It was Team Golovkin who brought "doesn't make financial sense" into the boxing lexicon. But now that the shoe is on the other foot we are suddenly supposed to not judge him by those same standards?

He fought high-risk low-reward Erislandy Lara when he didn't have to. He also conceded purse split to Cotto and weight to Floyd.

The lara fight yes.... the Cotto fight he had no choice and didn't he say he can go 152 for floyd?

but I understand where you are coming from. He at least made moves while lilg is happy just getting stuff handed to him.

Comment

haha warrrrrrrr Ramirez!!!!!!!Canelo is a coward and we don't have respect for him either suck balls Canelo haha

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't everybody's favorite fighter ggg the only undisputed champion in boxing now ? Well Kovalev would be also if chickenson had fought him.
                And fury had three belts for a minute. Until POS IBF stripped him for rematching Klitschko instead of the Vyacheslav Glazkov bum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

but didn't canelo and his team say that would fight floyd at 150 if they had to?
                  actually fighting the top guys in your division (lara) is something you get extra credit for ? that's called taking a risk?
                  cotto was the A side right?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    The lara fight yes.... the Cotto fight he had no choice and didn't he say he can go 152 for floyd?

but I understand where you are coming from. He at least made moves while lilg is happy just getting stuff handed to him.
                    canelo gets credit for fighting fighters at his weight class or below while everybody nit picks every other fighters competition

Comment

alvared really screwed up this time. pathetic

Comment

Working...
                      X