Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin, Ramirez Ridicule Canelo Over Vacating WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    I don't get why people are trashing Canelo for vacating the WBC title.

He wasn't a legit middleweight champion anyway
    He may still fight Golovkin. He never said "I won't fight him"
    Canelo-GGG is a megafight, they don't need to have any belts at stake

What if Canelo doesn't want fo face Golovkin right away? Does he absolutely have to fight him next? He might want to have a fight at the full middleweight limit against a real middleweight contender like Lemieux.
    Everything sounds fine except not a true middleweight.. No he's not a middleweight, he's a Light-heavyweight on fight night.

Comment

Canelo: "I fear no man" (that agrees to fight in my taylor-made division of 155 where I can benefit from my size advantage, plus my uncle Oscar paying off the judges).

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        "He hasn't done anything worthy to merit 45%"

Now we aren't just boxing fans but also appraising the value of a fighters services too? Canelo did nothing to deserve a shot for the WBC lineal title but he got his shot and won it. Cotto didn't do shhh to deserve a shot at the belt but he got his shot...it really amazes me sometimes the level of hypocrisy that goes into boxing discussions simply because the poster doesn't like that particular boxer. This isn't wall street bruh..stop worrying about boxers pockets so much, that shh is part of what's killing fights right now and Canelo ain't negotiating shhh but how to manage this P.R. nightmare.
        First of all, "bruh," Canelo has taken risks to get the notoriety and name value that he currently has. He has taken the short end of the money and conceded weight to get the guys he wanted in the ring with him. His PPV numbers indicate that he deserves a heftier share of the purse. That's just reality.

And second, perhaps I would be more inclined to "stop worrying about boxers pockets" if Team Golovkin hadn't turned down a fight with Andre Ward because he didn't make financial sense. If you're going to throw that shit out there as an excuse then expect to be held to those same standards.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Ok well firstly, the split would not be 55-45. That particular rule was removed well over a year ago. The current rule is the same as was appled to Wilder/Povetkin. If you want to research this, look at the dates of the documents you are looking at. At least make sure the point you are making is correct before calling others 'simpletons'.

Speaking of shallow, is anyone surprised that posters like 'shoulderroll', larry and pigeons are the ones defending Canelo here? This is much more indicative of petty bias more than rational independent thinking. We can pretend your 'deep thinking' isnt biased though
          Wooooow

"shots fired down it the hole n*gga
          SHOTS FIRED
          Tell G-Unit to roll n*gga
          SHOTS FIRED"

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Ok well firstly, the split would not be 55-45. That particular rule was removed well over a year ago. The current rule is the same as was appled to Wilder/Povetkin. If you want to research this, look at the dates of the documents you are looking at. At least make sure the point you are making is correct before calling others 'simpletons'.

Speaking of shallow, is anyone surprised that posters like 'shoulderroll', larry and pigeons are the ones defending Canelo here? This is much more indicative of petty bias more than rational independent thinking. We can pretend your 'deep thinking' isnt biased though
            The WBC would have to approve and majority vote on it still. And Loeffler could argue that it should still fall under 2.12 C). 55/45 split. And the rules was not removed. They just added another section to it.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't everybody's favorite fighter ggg the only undisputed champion in boxing now ? Well Kovalev would be also if chickenson had fought him.

Comment

Comment

This puto is not from Guadalajara...I had heard that people from over there don't know how to give up or quit...whatever happened to "no me se rajar?"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                    How original GGG and his team used the meme Ward and boxing fans made of Kovalev holding GGG, guarding him from the former p4p no.2 soon to be no.1 when he beats Kovalev, Andre 'S.O.G' Ward.
                    How original of you to bring up Ward's name on an issue that has nothing to do with him. Before you say "Lil G ducked Ward or Lara" ask yourself what they (Ward and Lara) brought to the table. Titles? No. Money? No. Legacy better than being undisputed champion of the world? Nope. And before you say "Belts don't matter though" Name on HOF boxer or world renowned boxer that never had a title. Just one...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      First of all, "bruh," Canelo has taken risks to get the notoriety and name value that he currently has. He has taken the short end of the money and conceded weight to get the guys he wanted in the ring with him. His PPV numbers indicate that he deserves a heftier share of the purse. That's just reality.

And second, perhaps I would be more inclined to "stop worrying about boxers pockets" if Team Golovkin hadn't turned down a fight with Andre Ward because he didn't make financial sense. If you're going to throw that shit out there as an excuse then expect to be held to those same standards.
                      Funny how they worry about GGGs pockets when it came to paying Saunders what he was asking for or Quillin, or Lara. They acted like it was their money...

Pay Lara $1-2 million or Monroe $500K. Monroe was more known though and dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                      X