Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin, Ramirez Ridicule Canelo Over Vacating WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh i'm loving this

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
      How original of you to bring up Ward's name on an issue that has nothing to do with him. Before you say "Lil G ducked Ward or Lara" ask yourself what they (Ward and Lara) brought to the table. Titles? No. Money? No. Legacy better than being undisputed champion of the world? Nope. And before you say "Belts don't matter though" Name on HOF boxer or world renowned boxer that never had a title. Just one...
      Ward brought a TOP #3 P4P ranking. And Lara brought a P4P #18 ranking. That's has to count for something?? And Ward would of probably added a 1 to GGGs 0

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
        canola or whatever he calls himself is not a real mexican no way a real mexican drops a world championship with out a fight i believe canola is a closet irishman guys as white as a bedsheet
        ...that's a real good one there👍🏽👍🏽🇵🇷

Comment

Yeeeeup. Handed it right over just like I knew he would. :laff:

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Ward brought a TOP #3 P4P ranking. And Lara brought a P4P #18 ranking. That's has to count for something?? And Ward would of probably added a 1 to GGGs 0
            Are/Were they middleweights? Did they have middleweight titles? P4P rankings are subjective like boxing judging so they mean didly squat. So come again??

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              The WBC would have to approve and majority vote on it still. And Loeffler could argue that it should still fall under 2.12 C). 55/45 split. And the rules was not removed. They just added another section to it.
              The interim/champion rule was entirely removed. Interim champion splits should never exceed that of a mandatory challenger, which as we know is 70/30 of 90% + 10% to the winner. The WBC president may change any of these rules as he sees fit, but he isn't likely to do so here.

Loeffler has no argument as the WBC can only operate by their most recent amendments. Where you got this idea from, I have no idea. Like I said before, look at the dates of the documents you are referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't everybody's favorite fighter ggg the only undisputed champion in boxing now ? Well Kovalev would be also if chickenson had fought him.
                Think he needs the WBO strap. He is still only Unified I think.

Comment

I'm laughing at all the Canelo fans right now...real Mexican fighters never chicken out!! 👉🏾CHARLATAN!!! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha...je,je,je,je,👊🏽🇵🇷

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Canelo is still negotiating to make the fight. He is not "ducking."

All he did was drop the belt so that the WBC deadline wouldn't force him to go to purse bids, in which case he'd have to agree to a 55-45 split. We all know Golovkin hasn't done enough to merit 45% of the purse.

But I don't expect the simpletons on social media to understand that. They would have to think a little deeper about the situation and not be so shallow.
                    Lol, what are you? A Boxing fan or a portfolio manager?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      First of all, "bruh," Canelo has taken risks to get the notoriety and name value that he currently has. He has taken the short end of the money and conceded weight to get the guys he wanted in the ring with him. His PPV numbers indicate that he deserves a heftier share of the purse. That's just reality.

And second, perhaps I would be more inclined to "stop worrying about boxers pockets" if Team Golovkin hadn't turned down a fight with Andre Ward because he didn't make financial sense. If you're going to throw that shit out there as an excuse then expect to be held to those same standards.
                      what risk are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                      X