Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin, Ramirez Ridicule Canelo Over Vacating WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Canelo is still negotiating to make the fight. He is not "ducking."

All he did was drop the belt so that the WBC deadline wouldn't force him to go to purse bids, in which case he'd have to agree to a 55-45 split. We all know Golovkin hasn't done enough to merit 45% of the purse.

But I don't expect the simpletons on social media to understand that. They would have to think a little deeper about the situation and not be so shallow.
    "He hasn't done anything worthy to merit 45%"

Now we aren't just boxing fans but also appraising the value of a fighters services too? Canelo did nothing to deserve a shot for the WBC lineal title but he got his shot and won it. Cotto didn't do shhh to deserve a shot at the belt but he got his shot...it really amazes me sometimes the level of hypocrisy that goes into boxing discussions simply because the poster doesn't like that particular boxer. This isn't wall street bruh..stop worrying about boxers pockets so much, that shh is part of what's killing fights right now and Canelo ain't negotiating shhh but how to manage this P.R. nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Every fighter is ridiculing Canelo. Even ones signed with Golden Boy. But for some reason his fans still think it was a smart move to drop the belt and look like a coward.

I don't recall Floyd vacating a title to avoid a fight

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
        Good point. Gabe is signed to Golden Boy and he's clowning Oscar.

Comment

Let's all accept that Canelo ducked. This is only the first step toward that, in an attempt to make the backlash less severe. Eventually, they'll blame the deal falling through on some sort of disagreement, and that'll be the full duck.

The duck is in, gentlemen. There's no escaping it.

Comment

All he did was drop the belt so that the WBC deadline wouldn't force him to go to purse bids, in which case he'd have to agree to a 55-45 split. We all know Golovkin hasn't done enough to merit 45% of the purse.

But I don't expect the simpletons on social media to understand that. They would have to think a little deeper about the situation and not be so shallow.

Great post , I agree.

Comment

I don't get why people are trashing Canelo for vacating the WBC title.

He didn't like WBC's deadline, which is understandable
              He wasn't a legit middleweight champion anyway
              He may still fight Golovkin. He never said "I won't fight him"
              Canelo-GGG is a megafight, they don't need to have any belts at stake

What if Canelo doesn't want fo face Golovkin right away? Does he absolutely have to fight him next? He might want to have a fight at the full middleweight limit against a real middleweight contender like Lemieux.

Comment

canola or whatever he calls himself is not a real mexican no way a real mexican drops a world championship with out a fight i believe canola is a closet irishman guys as white as a bedsheet

Comment

Ok well firstly, the split would not be 55-45. That particular rule was removed well over a year ago. The current rule is the same as was appled to Wilder/Povetkin. If you want to research this, look at the dates of the documents you are looking at. At least make sure the point you are making is correct before calling others 'simpletons'.

Speaking of shallow, is anyone surprised that posters like 'shoulderroll', larry and pigeons are the ones defending Canelo here? This is much more indicative of petty bias more than rational independent thinking. We can pretend your 'deep thinking' isnt biased though

Comment

Ramirez shouldn't even be talking smack after he was running away from old ass Arthur Abraham during their fight. Now that right there was embarrassing.
                    Last edited by HandsofIron; 05-19-2016, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                      http://www.latinone.com/articles/213...-news-2013.htm

No, but that's because the WBC smartened up and didn't try enforcing a mandatory against their money-printing machine. Had they tried forcing the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, Mayweather was ready to throw their belt in the garbage.

Comment

Working...
                      X