Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin, Ramirez Ridicule Canelo Over Vacating WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kazakh Thunder View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5-8SS7sRs0

Ray Boom Boom Mancini "Canelo, why dont you take off the dress! Quit making demands!"
    Damn, Boom Boom is a great interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      First of all, "bruh," Canelo has taken risks to get the notoriety and name value that he currently has. He has taken the short end of the money and conceded weight to get the guys he wanted in the ring with him. His PPV numbers indicate that he deserves a heftier share of the purse. That's just reality.

And second, perhaps I would be more inclined to "stop worrying about boxers pockets" if Team Golovkin hadn't turned down a fight with Andre Ward because he didn't make financial sense. If you're going to throw that shit out there as an excuse then expect to be held to those same standards.
      What risk exactly? Shrinking down to fight Mayweather...taking less money to beat the same Cotto that couldn't hurt Pacquaio and buy himself a middle weight belt? I mean c'mon yeah you have facts but those facts have extensive details within them. Hell i'd melt down a ton to fight both those names, the only name I can say he took a risk on was Lara and the scorecards show that Lara had zero chance of winning that fight anyway. Oh I love this fight with Ward discussion because it has been said over and over again Ward said NO when it was not convenient for him but it's a duck when Andre Ward says "I'm ready" and the other side is like "Now it's not convenient for us". I'm cool with whatever the fallout is of that because we know that Loeffler said he reached out to make that fight two years ago when Golovkin was making his name and was told in absolute terms "NO"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        First of all, "bruh," Canelo has taken risks to get the notoriety and name value that he currently has. He has taken the short end of the money and conceded weight to get the guys he wanted in the ring with him. His PPV numbers indicate that he deserves a heftier share of the purse. That's just reality.

And second, perhaps I would be more inclined to "stop worrying about boxers pockets" if Team Golovkin hadn't turned down a fight with Andre Ward because he didn't make financial sense. If you're going to throw that shit out there as an excuse then expect to be held to those same standards.
        What risk? He dropped down in weight for Mayweather. That's probably because they looked at his fight night weight ins. Other than that, Canelo hasn't taken any risk. The man doesn't even have a clear cut defining win in his career to make any demands.

It's weird how professional fighters, Canelo's peers are even seeing the smoke screens but you and other fans aren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          What risk exactly? Shrinking down to fight Mayweather...taking less money to beat the same Cotto that couldn't hurt Pacquaio and buy himself a middle weight belt? I mean c'mon yeah you have facts but those facts have extensive details within them. Hell i'd melt down a ton to fight both those names, the only name I can say he took a risk on was Lara and the scorecards show that Lara had zero chance of winning that fight anyway. Oh I love this fight with Ward discussion because it has been said over and over again Ward said NO when it was not convenient for him but it's a duck when Andre Ward says "I'm ready" and the other side is like "Now it's not convenient for us". I'm cool with whatever the fallout is of that because we know that Loeffler said he reached out to make that fight two years ago when Golovkin was making his name and was told in absolute terms "NO"

HBO asked, are you ready NOW?..... Ward said no, I want a tuneup, I have been inactive for 18 months..... he then officially approached Team Golovkin immediately following the Smith fight only to be told that he had to make a 164lb catchweight.

It is dishonest to state that Ward refused the fight, when he made a more than reasonable request to have 1 tuneup following inactivity.

That was a perfectly reasonable, understandable, request..... and they had no reason whatsoever to object..... that has been done a million times before.

Comment

Working...
          X