Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo doesn't need the WeBeCorrupt belt.

155 and 70/30. Take the deal Mr. 97K!

Comment

• Canelo calls the shots now, like it or not, ggg just has to Except his terms. Just like Canelo excepted queen Diva Cotto's terms and smacked Cotton's ass up to show the rest of Cotton's fans who was the real A Side.
      Last edited by Toltec77; 05-18-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Been saying belts are irrelevant in todays boxing landscape and Canelo just showed that

Now GGG has to decide on taking the belt and staying behind or swallowing his pride and do what has been done in boxing fir decades and take a chance
        he didn't dropped because the belt, he did because he doesn't want to face ggg...

Comment

• hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha canelo the coward! who didn't see this one coming???? canelo is the biggest fraud.

Comment

• For someone who says he "fears no man", he sure seems scared of GGG

Comment

• As much as GGG/Loeffler wanted to pretend to, GGG vs Canelo has never been about the belt, and it was always going to be a non factor in the negotiations. Now that GGG has the belt, I hope he doesn't duck a Canelo catch weight. Gotta move to wherever the big fight is.

Comment

• Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                This is what I don't get with the level of critism he receives. He was going after Paul Williams (a man that everybody said nobody wanted to fight) until he had his tragic accident. When he pursued Cotto who took a loss to Trout and scuppered the fight. Alvarez did the right thing and fought the man that beat the man that he wanted to get in with. Not many would have done that. Especially not against Trout. Then he goes against his promoters wishes and steps in there with Lara.

The kid is clearly willing to fight. I'm not saying that the way him and his team go about that is beyond reproach because it isn't but at times people act as if he's the worst thing in boxing.
                I would hardly consider going after Paul Williams a sign of going for the best challenges. Williams had been KTFO, outboxed, and beat up by time that fight was signed. They were aiming to take advantage of a fighter on the slide who above 147 hardly accomplished much.

In other words it was a cherry pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                  I didn't say that. Boxing is a niche sport now and while casuals watch the big fights they don't keep up with divisional rankings. Everytime I go to a fight party in the last 5-6 years I am explaining to the majority of people there who has what title.
                  Don't get salty, I am just explaining the facts. This doesn't affect his marketability one bit. He will still make big money in his next fight and Tecate and Under Armour will still pay him big bucks to endorse their products.
                  GGG is the big loser here. The only leverage he had was the mano status which means nothing to Canelo. Who else is GGG going to fight on PPV or make what Khan just made to fight Canelo? Leverage is all about options. Canelo has them, GGG doesn't. No one cares about Daniel Jacobs/GGG.
                  So are you watching boxing fights cuz the boxers are making a lot of money? Does that satisfy you? As long as Canelo makes money you are a happy boxing fan? You rather have that than two top fighters fighting on an even playing field?

Comment

• The usual boxing BS, fight will happen in 4 years after one of them starts slipping

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple Genius View Post
                      Why do you care about how much money Golovkin makes?
                      I don't but clearly he does which is why for 2 plus years he has been begging bigger named fighters at 154 or 168 to fight him so he can get a big payday. Only he refuses to do what he promised which is go to either weights to make bigger fights. Instead this fool thinks he's big time and tries to call them out and have them fight him on his terms. Sorry not the way it works. The bigger star calls the shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X