No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    With the public on his side, and now Canelo's title as well, he Golovkin won't be pressured to make the fight and he'll be 'allowed' to fight the Wade's of the world because it will be perceived as Canelo ducking him so he was left with no choice.

The pressure is now all on Canelo to make the fight. If the fight doesn't go down, he'll be blamed for it and he'll take a hit to his reputation.

Golovkin also has more options than Canelo. He can actually fight other MW's. Such as Danny Jacobs unification at MSG, BJS fight down the road etc.

Canelo is running out of options. It's basically a Cotto rematch or bust. Otherwise he'll have to drain MW's to come down and fight him and I'm not sure any of GBP's MW's can cut down to 155.
    GGG vs. Jacobs is not an unification. Both are WBA Champions.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      And what do you call fighting chumps like Wade who even GGG admitted he didn't know who he was and never saw him fight before he agreed to fight him? That's what GGG does call out bigger names then makes it difficult to make those fights and turns around and fights a no named bum instead. I've seen this song and dance before. I'll go to 154 or 168. Wait ward no I change my mind fight has to be at catchweight 164 for you. Oh Canelo you will fight me at 155 no I changed my mind I only fight at 160 for the purity of boxing even though just 6 months ago a demanded a catchweight of my own. All while he fights bum after bum. Canelo already fought and beat much better fighters and made concessions as a young fighter to get bigger names. When will GGG step up and do the same?
      What the **** are you talking about you clown?

Wade was a mandatory that he took, because CANELO PUT FORWARD A VOLUNTARY REQUEST TO FIGHT A WW!

Dear god, please stop posting, it's hurting my eyes.

You are ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS!!

Comment

• Canelo don't care about the belt...

...he just chose to keep it after the Cotto fight...

...all the way until a week and a half after he defended it again against weak-chinned WW Khan...

------------------------------
        "He's bigger than the sport...really showed him who A-side"

So ***ing cringeworthy for you guys trying to defend this DUCK

Comment

• Maybe canelo giving up the belt so he can force ggg to fight at 155lb catchweight. Fighting for the belts even with a catchweight still come in at 160 and taken a fine

Comment

• Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
            Canelo don't care about the belt...

...he just chose to keep it after the Cotto fight...

...all the way until a week and a half after he defended it again against weak-chinned WW Khan...

------------------------------
            "He's bigger than the sport...really showed him who A-side"

So ***ing cringeworthy for you guys trying to defend this DUCK
            very sad the people who defend this. i stopped laughing 5 mins ago because i realize how delusional some people are and it's scary. canelo is a ginger coward, but his fans won't accept this. unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
              Yeah the same one that beat Ishida. The guy that Golovkin then defended his title against after he'd lost three of his last five.

Do you see how easy that is? That's because no matter what we think of what he does in the ring, who he's done it against at this point makes for poor reading. Its easy to do that with Golovkin. Not as much with Canelo.

I'm a fan of both. But criticising Alvarez for wanting a fight Williams doesn't make much sense especially in the context of modern multi title boxing where avoidance of even 50/50's is increasingly common place. And it doesn't change the fact that he was regarded as a fighter that other fighters would look to avoid, even after the loss to Martinez.

Criticise Canelo for this move if it turns out the way most feel it will. All day long. But criticising him for wanting to square off against Paul Williams is tantamount to nit picking.
              Dude you tried to make it seem like everyone was avoiding Williams when Canelo tried to fight him and I told you the opposite. Of course he wouldn't mind fighting Williams when he wasn't at his best. Who avoided Williams after the Sergio KO? Please I would love to hear this one. Williams was avoided at 147 cause he was a big threat there that had zero upside, the same for 154 before the first Sergio fight which is why he had that fight at 160 against Andy Kolle.

I don't know why you are bringing up Ishida when I was talking about Williams as if I cared who GGG fought. My whole point was to laugh at the assumption that Williams was a killer when Canelo wanted to fight him which was not the case. You can go back to that time and see the threads where people were crapping all over that fight because Williams was clearly not the same fighter

Comment

• I'm a Canelo fan but things aren't look good. If this fight doesn't get made he'll take the large portion of the blame because people assume he is scared and ducking (similar to May-Pac)

Comment

• Originally posted by PolitikDitto View Post
                  abel sanchez said they don't care abot canelo and they only care about the belt right?.....they should be THRILLED about this. they got what they wanted....the BELT. hahaha. now watch golovkin still chase canelo around like a gold digging ho. they only care about the belt my ass. this is canelo letting little g know he holds no weight in negotiations. and it's the truth. little g either comes down or no fight. or keep fighting bums on regular hbo cause he can't do numbers on ppv. lmao. golovkin is done out here. take a risk....either come down in weight or move up. you have no leverage with A listers.
                  You aren't a fan of boxing.

You may as well find another sport to watch ******.

Comment

• have Yall noticed all the ggg haters are in full on deflection mode talking about irrelevant **** like IF GGG WANTS A BIG MONEY FIGHT

this thread ain't about that ******s. Lol

Its about canelo being scared as ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Najuk View Post
                      but people still think floyd is a coward. And now a lot of people will think same about canelo.He can make good money and fight whoever he wants but after this move canelo will have a status of coward.

Nah, those " people " are just whiney ignorant fanboys.

Smarten up, it is childish to think that a grown man who chose to be a professional fighter is " scared ", like you know you would be.

Stop projecting your fear.

Comment

Working...
                      X