Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Mayweather Would Be a Priority if Pacquiao Returns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And how does Manny beat Floyd, what's his strategy....have bigger calves?

Comment

I think what people are failing to understand in this thread is how little leverage Manny has in a rematch. He has to agree to whatever terms Floyd offers or he won't get a second fight. Team Pac has no leverage in negotiations except "muh money on the table."

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post

He neutralized Floyd's jab and was countering beautifully.
        That's interesting because Freddie Roach said that Mayweather's jab was unbelievable. That it was what dictated the fight against Pacquaio. That it was how Mayweather won the fight.

But here you are saying the exact opposite. It's like you saw a completely different fight than Roach and the majority of the media. How strange.

He came forward the ENTIRE fight. That's not ring generalship???
        No, it's not ring generalship.

Coming forward is simply called aggression. In order to score points in a boxing match it has to be EFFECTIVE aggression. It can't just be "if he would've stood still I would've landed more punches." That doesn't cut it.

You don't even know the basic scoring criteria of boxing.

Which explains why you believe in made-up fantasies like "Manny won"and "he neutralized Floyd's jab."
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 05-18-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          These two ring greats are both retired and unless they do decide to take one last fight together should stay that way.Leave it to the Thurmans , Porters, Garcia's ,Brook's and Spence's , the division should be thriving with these guys fighting each other instead of trying to get one big shot at a big name and Pac and Floyd just by who they are don't always help this.
          That's the point. They are both old. They should just fight as a farewell fight together. It still commands the biggest cash in boxing. It's a no brainer.

But..

Floyd rather fight a non boxer for 50.. Tells you he rather.. Duck..

If it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck..

Must be..a...
          Last edited by Spoon23; 05-18-2016, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Like I said, I DARE Floyd to fight Manny again. He deserves a rematch. Period. If Maidana and Castillo deserved rematches, so does Manny. Last time I checked, they weren't sabotaged or spied on or denied their vitamins or gatorade or a pain shot before their fights. I doubt Floyd bought the ref and judges either. He KNEW what he was in for and pulled out all of the stops. Didn't he? And I think Manny outpointed him even with one arm. Floyd is like a mob boss who controls the sport. I hate him honestly. If I thought he won on May 2nd, I would've said so. I don't. You cannot win a big fight running, holding, using illegal tactics, etc. Bayless was at his house just 3-4 months before the fight. What does that tell you? On top of all of that, he CHEATED!!!!!! What don't you idiots understand about that? He did all of that and couldn't even separate himself from Manny. Why couldn't he? Because Manny has always been the better fighter. That's why. Floyd couldn't even hit Manny cleanly and all y'all can say is that Floyd won. But how did he win? Manny was also a champion in that fight. He came forward the ENTIRE fight. That's not ring generalship??? Floyd is in trouble against a two armed Manny Pacquiao. If they fight right now, Manny would give him a beating, like he was abut to do before the injury. He's faster than Floyd and way stronger. His feet are faster and he's more athletic. If I was a Floyd fan, I would say fight Manny again! That was the most ordinary Floyd has EVER looked in a boxing ring. No??????
            Oh my.. I didn't know this.. Bayless went to Floyd's house before the fight!

That adds to the trail of evidences, Bayless was really in on it! You have any link? Source?

Comment

Saying you watched the fight in slo-mo proves how stupid you are. Slo-Mo is there to add more dramatic effects than what it looks like in real time. Lederman had Manny losing 117-111 both HBO announcers seen it as a white wash I guess Floyd had them in his pocket also. Anybody who thinks Manny won is a complete idiot period point blank. Youre just stupid not much needs to said.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                You do realise that Pacquiao is the one hugging Floyd's waist in your pic right?

You also do realise that there were only 18 clinches in that fight right?

You do realise also that Pac didn't land a single clean punch in the first three rounds of that fight right?

It was 48 clinches. And it's not just the clinch, but the nature of the clinch that was so bad. You are not allowed to clinch when an opponent is about to throw a punch. That my friend is fighting like a pussay and doesn't belong in the boxing ring. You counter a punch with your fist and not by hugging.

You want to go there, regarding detailed analysis aye..who threw more who hurt more?

Here's the link. Enjoy the thorough explanation who landed more throughout the fight. Oh and it's not the bald guy.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=695333
                Last edited by Spoon23; 05-18-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

You don't counter a punch by hugging. That's blatant queer boxing.

WBA rules

A list of common fouls that may be committed by boxers that may be cause for penalty or
                  disqualification is as follows:
                  13. Excessive holding the opponent or maintaining a clinch.

Comment

You do realise that Pacquiao is the one hugging Floyd's waist in your pic right?

Here's the clip. You do realize Pac was still throwing punches while Floyd was diving to hug. Even during the hug pac was mentally showing he was still firing those punches. BUT AS YOU CAN SEE FLOYD NEUTRALIZED PAC'S attack by hugging, if that isn't blatant queerness I don't know what is lmao

Wtf is wrong with your eyes? Remove floyd's divk in your mouth for a second, it's affecting your eye sight.

Last edited by Spoon23; 05-18-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

You do realise also that Pac didn't land a single clean punch in the first three rounds of that fight right?

You also do realise that, even in the rounds that he won (4 and 6) he was getting schooled and countered badly in the 1st and last minute of those rounds right? Go watch em again and see for yourself.

You also do realise that Floyd was literally toying with him and hitting him at will in rounds 11 and 12 right?

You do also realise that Pac was being walked down in round 5 and 8 right?

Rounds 1-3 - you do realize they both were landing few punches right?

And as the dust settles, Pac landed more in rounds 2 and 3.

Round 2

Round 3

Rounds 4-6 - you do realize Pac took Floyd to school in that Rounds and even the 3 judges gave that to Pac unanimously.

Rounds 11-12 - if toying to you is running around not hitting to survive. Then your definition of toying around is different to most. I call that vagina boxing lmao

Round 12 is a Pac round. All Floyd did was run.

Round 12

Last edited by Spoon23; 05-19-2016, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X