No announcement yet.

Vargas turned down $1.61 Mil to fight Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
    What's the guys name rocking Brook in your sig?
    Vyascheslav Senchenko

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Did you read the first post? It came directly from his manager.

Ugh, I don't really feel like talking about tax laws and double treaties. But hell, I'll explain in simple terms - I am working in multiple different countries myself and collecting income from different countries. Now, it's not like I have to pay local taxes in every country as I also have to pay income tax in the country I reside in. get it?

There's double tax treaties aligned between almost every big state which means Vargas would not have to pay full british tax as he's subject to american tax.
      Yea this is correct, however I am looking for something more than what his manager is saying, it's not exactly a breakdown is it

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Khan/Canelo were charging $150 minimum for a ticket, some tickets went for 1000's$

$7.5 mil at the live gate, they handed at some tickets for free for Cotto/Canelo fight as well, whocares? either way they made some serious bank

Brook can only dream of being in such a big fight with that kind of money at play. His own hometown doesnt show up for his fights, thats how bad his stock has fallen.

Whats the point of fighting in the UK? Brook might as well fight in the US, he'd be getting paid at least $1mil for a fight and be getting some decent names on his resume, without having to over pay them

Its a shame Brook is a thick kunt
        Why are you using the 7.4 million as a huge feat when it's not considered so? And especially in favour of Khan who had absolutely zilch to do with it? Canelo did 3.5 million against Kirkland in Texas ffs.

The PPV numbers were the same as vs no names like Angulo and Lara. If Canelo fought Brook all evidence would show that exactly the same numbers would come out of it. Simple.

Khan thinks he's a draw. But the reality is he's not. It's purely a dumb decision by Oscar to pay Khan that sort of money when he could have paid some bum like Liam Smith for a belt, gotten the same ratings, same gate and paid 1/6th for the second fighters purse.

They took a gamble, it failed. It is what it is.

Comment

That's not true. I get that the US are more dependent on licensing fees than they are in the UK where ticket sales are a huge component of revenue.

However, you cannot tell me that 3000 tickets were given away for the heck of it or because they didn't need the money. Because that would be totally and utterly idiotic.
          Well I know in the states that gate revenue is not factored in as a heavy component.

With the states being so much bigger you only get the diehards who are willing to travel and pay for hotels flights etc.

It's not that surprising if it doesn't sell out, it's not uncommon.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiois85 View Post
            Yea this is correct, however I am looking for something more than what his manager is saying, it's not exactly a breakdown is it
            You are looking for more than what his own manager is saying?

How about you go find it your damn self?

Comment

• Originally posted by tiois85 View Post
              Well I know in the states that gate revenue is not factored in as a heavy component.

With the states being so much bigger you only get the diehards who are willing to travel and pay for hotels flights etc.

It's not that surprising if it doesn't sell out, it's not uncommon.
              Ok - So a difference of 2 million dollars doesn't matter because it's in the states.

Comment

• Vargas is going to hold his belt hostage. He always seemed like a ***** anyway and is the pure definition of a paper champ.

Comment

You are looking for more than what his own manager is saying?

How about you go find it your damn self?
                  What's wrong with having the facts before mouthing off.

Comment

Ok - So a difference of 2 million dollars doesn't matter because it's in the states.
                    How did you deduce that?

It's nice to have extra revenue but it's also likely that they accounted for the arena not selling out therefore it doesn't "matter" in the way you are implying it does.

Now in the UK gates are alot more important.

Comment

• Vargas sucks, he's going to try to milk that belt against bum opponents as best he can.

Comment

Working...
                      X