Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will take another deal with cbs/Showtime which will include tv dates for

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    what do fighters get if they sign with floyd? does he offer them signing bonuses? does he offer a lower rate than oligarchy member bob arum?
    he will offer them bought referees, opponents will use pillows, his fighters will choose ring size, IV protection, etc, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
      Different eras

I don't care if you want to credit Floyd, but the truth is that Oscar, Cotto, Alvarez, and Pacquiao brought most of the fans.

Almost every Hispanic wanted Floyd to lose, Kudos to Floyd for staying undefeated, but he is no draw.

He is however, the better business man.
      It don't matter if people are coming to see you win or lose you're a draw. Floyd was clearly a draw.

Ali was a draw for similar reasons in his early years when people hated him as well. I think there is an Ali quote out there somewhere when asked about more people coming to see him lose then win he said as long a they paid for their ticket he had no problem with it or something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        You're wrong. You need to look this up. Take the case of Algieri, for instance, find out why he needed a promoter.
        LOL no I'm not & I think you're trolling me at this point. Cuz this is common sense ****. I mean look at some of these stumble bums out there that go from place to place to lose. They don't got no promoter. Who'd wanna promote them in the first place.

I mean sure everyone is fighting on a promoters card cuz you need promoters to put together the card, but you don't need to be signed to the promoter for more than the one fight on that card. Go talk to One Punch about this basic ****, he used to promote & I'm positive he had guys he used regular or not regular, but had no deal with them outside of the one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
          Different eras

I don't care if you want to credit Floyd, but the truth is that Oscar, Cotto, Alvarez, and Pacquiao brought most of the fans.

Almost every Hispanic wanted Floyd to lose, Kudos to Floyd for staying undefeated, but he is no draw.

He is however, the better business man.
          Hispanics fought doing those eras. Floyd out sold every Hispanic and Manny doing this era.

Listen dude don't false pride cloud reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            LOL no I'm not & I think you're trolling me at this point. Cuz this is common sense ****. I mean look at some of these stumble bums out there that go from place to place to lose. They don't got no promoter. Who'd wanna promote them in the first place.

I mean sure everyone is fighting on a promoters card cuz you need promoters to put together the card, but you don't need to be signed to the promoter for more than the one fight on that card. Go talk to One Punch about this basic ****, he used to promote & I'm positive he had guys he used regular or not regular, but had no deal with them outside of the one fight.
            Explain to me why an educated guy like Algieri needed to have a promoter at all. The real purse he got from the Spence fight was $650K, and he was required to give up 50% of that to his promoter. He lost not $10K, which is already a substantial amount to people like you and me, but he gave up $325K! Algieri could be stupid, but explain to me why he needed a promoter.

Comment

Explain to me why an educated guy like Algieri needed to have a promoter at all. The real purse he got from the Spence fight was $650K, and he was required to give up 50% of that to his promoter. He lost not $10K, which is already a substantial amount to people like you and me, but he gave up $325K! Algieri could be stupid, but explain to me why he needed a promoter.
              Great fighters and popular fighters can survive witout a promoter. Algieiri is neither, so he needs one.

As to you previous question about "value"-white HWT's were valuable as opponents when the HWT champ was black because promoters could sell it in the worst possible way and white fans would believe that and pay lots to see the fight.

See Cooney/Holmes.

Comment

**** man I don't whats up with Algieri. He's seemed like a smart dumb guy since I've known of him. Gots some solid college education, but is a 30 year old guy still living with his parents I think & signed dumbass deals where he doesn't know what he's getting paid til 24hrs before the fight lol. I think he's had 2 or 3 managers too. Maybe he just sucks at business **** idk. You can be smart in some stuff & still suck at other things.

But honestly its not necessarily bad to have a promoter to help build you up on the come up you just don't have to have one, in particular when you got a name. Most fighters don't have a exclusive contract with a promoter.

Comment

Working...
                X