Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will take another deal with cbs/Showtime which will include tv dates for

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I don't think he comes back. And I think with how Haymon is working, boxers will see less reason to sign with promoters from the jump. I actually have been saying for awhile I suspect more name guys will just find Haymon or Haymon-like "advisors" to move their careers. I think fighters taking a submissive stance to promoters has been a harmful situation or just less fruitful situation for many guys in this era & the last. And I think maybe a change will happen with how boxing works, at least with the more notable names, in the near future.

The demise of PBC has been greatly exaggerated. I look forward to you & others making this or similar posts in 2017, 2018 & likely further into the future.
    What this Haymon thing has at least shown is that promoters are needed, maybe not in a classical sense, but PBC is boring, no atmosphere, no build up to events.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      What this Haymon thing has at least shown is that promoters are needed, maybe not in a classical sense, but PBC is boring, no atmosphere, no build up to events.
      I think for sure whatever the model is behind the scenes that PBC is doing with how they operate with promoters needs to be reconstructed. There doesn't appear to be the necessary drive or incentive for promoters to put in anywhere near enough work to promote the names + show. Or they just need to operate more like HBO cuz ultimately the PBC model is more or less the HBO model & HBO cards never fall as flat as PBC cards do.

I think one of the problems with PBC is the lack of personality it seems to have. It would seem that they haven't figured out how to have as much personality as you wanna see while also trying to put forth this ****genized product.

They will figure it out or they won't & the people who've been saying PBC was going to be outta business any day now will eventually be right.

Comment

The only way Mayweather Promotions gets big like Golden Boy if they target the Hispanic Community. Without it, there is no way they become big.

FWIW, most Latinos dislike Mayweather.

Comment

I don't think he comes back. And I think with how Haymon is working, boxers will see less reason to sign with promoters from the jump. I actually have been saying for awhile I suspect more name guys will just find Haymon or Haymon-like "advisors" to move their careers. I think fighters taking a submissive stance to promoters has been a harmful situation or just less fruitful situation for many guys in this era & the last. And I think maybe a change will happen with how boxing works, at least with the more notable names, in the near future.

The demise of PBC has been greatly exaggerated. I look forward to you & others making this or similar posts in 2017, 2018 & likely further into the future.
          Seems Mikey can't sign with Haymon directly without signing with a promoter first. Like they say, Haymon is not a promoter. Someone had to do a little research on the status of his fighters, whether they're signed to their respective promoters or not.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
            Seems Mikey can't sign with Haymon directly without signing with a promoter first. Like they say, Haymon is not a promoter. Someone had to do a little research on the status of his fighters, whether they're signed to their respective promoters or not.
            Where's that info coming from? And the rumor has been that Mikey was already with Haymon & thats why all this TR stuff went down in the first place.

Regardless I've never heard anything like that & I have a hard time believing thats true (link?). I mean hell man most fighters don't even have a promoter in the first place. Why would anything need to be different for Mikey?

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
              The only way Mayweather Promotions gets big like Golden Boy if they target the Hispanic Community. Without it, there is no way they become big.

FWIW, most Latinos dislike Mayweather.

lol, where all of these Hispanic PPV stars? Oscar, Cotto and maybe lil red.

Mayweather sold more than all of them. Floyd is the biggest PPV star ever
              and he is not Hispanic. Ali is the most well known fighter in the world and he is NOT Hispanic. Mike Tyson was bigger than Oscar and he is NOT Hispanic.

Don't let HBO and Bob Arum patronizing Hispanics cloud reality.

BTW, Money sold more on Cinco de Mayo than any Mexican fighter.

Comment

Where's that info coming from? And the rumor has been that Mikey was already with Haymon & thats why all this TR stuff went down in the first place.

Regardless I've never heard anything like that & I have a hard time believing thats true (link?). I mean hell man most fighters don't even have a promoter in the first place. Why would anything need to be different for Mikey?
                Doe, Haymon can't serve manager and promoter at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
                  lol, where all of these Hispanic PPV stars? Oscar, Cotto and maybe lil red.

Mayweather sold more than all of them. Floyd is the biggest PPV star ever
                  and he is not Hispanic. Ali is the most well known fighter in the world and he is NOT Hispanic. Mike Tyson was bigger than Oscar and he is NOT Hispanic.

Don't let HBO and Bob Arum patronizing Hispanics cloud reality.

BTW, Money sold more on Cinco de Mayo than any Mexican fighter.
                  Different eras

I don't care if you want to credit Floyd, but the truth is that Oscar, Cotto, Alvarez, and Pacquiao brought most of the fans.

Almost every Hispanic wanted Floyd to lose, Kudos to Floyd for staying undefeated, but he is no draw.

He is however, the better business man.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                    Doe, Haymon can't serve manager and promoter at the same time.
                    He's not a boxing promoter. He's never promoted a fight in his career that I'm aware of. And a bunch of his guys don't got a promoter. Wilder, Thurman, Porter, Garcia. Thats par for the course with most of the higher profile guys & even most of the no name prospects on up aren't signed exclusively with anyone.

A boxer doesn't have to be signed to a promoter at all. Hell a boxer doesn't have to be signed with anyone. Plenty of boxers just find their own fights & make fight by fight deals with promoters themselves.

Comment

He's not a boxing promoter. He's never promoted a fight in his career that I'm aware of. And a bunch of his guys don't got a promoter. Wilder, Thurman, Porter, Garcia. Thats par for the course with most of the higher profile guys & even most of the no name prospects on up aren't signed exclusively with anyone.

A boxer doesn't have to be signed to a promoter at all. Hell a boxer doesn't have to be signed with anyone. Plenty of boxers just find their own fights & make fight by fight deals with promoters themselves.
                      You're wrong. You need to look this up. Take the case of Algieri, for instance, find out why he needed a promoter.

Comment

Working...
                      X