Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: McGregor Fight May Happen, I Can't Overlook Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    As a fan of both sports, i find the whole thing cringeworthy.
    I know what you are saying obviously, but as a boxing fan I think most of us are cringed out at this point. So much dumb **** happens within the confines of legit boxing thats cringeworthy most of us got a cringing nervous tic or can no longer cringe at all. And its not like freak shows in & around boxing aren't commonplace. I mean Larry Holmes actually fought Butter f#cking Bean man. Ali fought Antonio Inoki & Lyle Alzado. Foreman fought 5 guys in one day. Tyson fought McNeeley. Chavez Sr & Duran are about to fight. Sounds like Ray Leonard's & Marvin Hagler's sons are about to fight on the 30 year anniversary of their dads fight. James Toney went to fight in the UFC. And this is without putting much thought into it. I could probably come up with a 100 freak shows boxing has put on or supported or things that involved boxers. I mean who can cringe anymore?

I still don't expect to see the fight. I think Mayweather is just playing the game..
    Agree. And my theory is there is some f#cking game or app (remember Shots? lol) behind this. Like the punchline is gonna be Floyd & Conor playing some new video game or app against each other. Its corny as ****, but Floyd is kinda f#cking corny at his core despite all the fancy cars & bags of money.

Comment

Stay retired for the love of god just stay away from the sport you've already made it look bad enough.

Comment

So Floyd basically want to fight a clubfighter (that's probably equivalent to McG's skill level) next? All the hype for the fight will go out of the window after 30 seconds of the fight. The Irish will look like a complete fool beside a well educated top 30 boxer, let alone a master like Floyd.

Comment

I don't think Mayweather is serious but he's probably thinking that most MMA fans think one of their stars could beat any boxer. Alot of them would probably pay to see him lose to McGregor. Boxing fans know that would never happen but a few might buy the fight for the sheer spectacle.

Comment

mayweather is a promoter now. getting attention is his job. he took the spotlight from canelo khan with this rumor and its now helping him promote his fight cards. floyd has mastered the media.

Comment

Love him or hate him Mayweather is a rare talent but there's no one out there really for his vast skills to be tested . He talks about Garcia , we already know the result 12 r ud, he talks about mcgregor ....different sport smaller guy nonsense.GGG , too big, a rematch with already beaten and old Manny ...boring now!

Floyd should stay retired but like all the fighters before him he with few exceptions he won't and his reputation like most others will be tarnished I just hope he doesn't do a Roy Jones as it's difficult to remember how great one day he was.

Comment

mcgregor did just get knocked out so now is the perfect time for floyd to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Floyd would kill this clown. It wouldn't even be competitive.

But MMA guys have big mouths that need to be shut so I won't be too mad if this fight gets made.
                  Exactly. And that is why this needs to happen.

Comment

this circus is making me run away from the sport i have watched and followed since i was a kid.

Comment

Does anybody think HBO would show this fight instead of GGG vs. Canelo?
                      Last edited by Herr Schmeling; 05-14-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X