Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: There Will Be a New King, I'll Dethrone Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
    I would'nt go that far, but Danny is pretty much a no hoper versus Floyd. A few people saying Danny can cut off the ring well and adjust, but I don't see it. Lamont Peterson made him look terrible chasing him around and even closing in on 40, Floyd is still 10x better then Lamont ever though about being.
    Floyd makes all the current welterweights look terrible. None of them have to the tools to beat him, and the one they thought that did, Manny, got clearly beaten

it will take some one special to beat floyd and there isnt anyone in this era at 147 that is special.

As far as Peterson, he was a top 3 JWW and a perennial contender a longtime. A tough fight with an elite fighter isnt a death sentence. they fought at 143 but we all know those two guys had been top 5 at 140 for a long time.

I said that Garcia will change the style mid fight because waiting to counter floyd wont work. Will being aggressive bring success? Highly unlikely. Usual 10-2, 9-3 Mayweather fight.

IMO it would be more entertaining than the canelo fight because when he has too, Garcia can be the aggressor. Canelo fights the same way ever fight, regardless of his opponent

Comment

• Garcia vs Bradley would be a better fight

I would like to see Garcia face Bradley and if he beats Bradley I would be open to Mayweather fight. Garcia does have wins against Khan, Matthyse, Guerrero, Hererra, Peterson, Zab and Morales who gave Chino problems by the way. So when it's all said and done whether you like Swift or not his resume is solid if you're looking objectively. Plus most fighters don't look good against Herrera and Peterson and usually have to edge it out which he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopetego View Post
        still a disgraceful cherrypick for Floyd
        Says a lot when one of the very best currently at 147 is a cherrypick for a 40yr old Mayweather.

Comment

• What is the point of this shit fight?

Comment

This chump cant even beat Mauricio Herrera or Peterson without the judges' help

another disgraceful cherrypick for Duckweather if this mismatch turns out to be true
            who isnt a cherry pick in your eyes at 147? He'd be favored to beat them all and none of the top ten has even seperated themselves from the pack. None of them have over 2 wins over top ten ww.

Damn fighting a prime undefeated former lineal champ if a cherry pick...wow the expectations for this dude is otherworldly

Im just saying....in your eyes who isnt a cherrypick @ 147?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pozomuro View Post
              Still butt hurt I see.
              Oh crap your stealing my line

Comment

• This is a huge distraction. It gives Garcia an excuse to turn down other fights like Brook. If the Floyd fight is going to happen, at least they should have the decency of announcing it officially ASAP. These Haymon fighters are now fighting once a year. No wonder PBC is heading to a disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  who isnt a cherry pick in your eyes at 147? He'd be favored to beat them all and none of the top ten has even seperated themselves from the pack. None of them have over 2 wins over top ten ww.

Damn fighting a prime undefeated former lineal champ if a cherry pick...wow the expectations for this dude is otherworldly

Im just saying....in your eyes who isnt a cherrypick @ 147?
                  - Non injured Pacquiao

- Bradley

even Thurman and Kell Brook are much better options than Garcia because they possess physical advantages and a certain skillset that doesn't completely plays into Floyd's advantage

Garcia is just a slow ass, cement footed counterpuncher with average skills who'll get easily outboxed in a boring match. He's tailor made for Floyd, he's like Canelo but physically weaker, with much less talent and overall skills.

nothing but an easy cherrypick to get that #50 W

Comment

• This is honestly the first time I've heard Garcia mention that he wants the fight.

Good fight if Floyd decides to come back, hopefully he fights Thurman after that as well. Floyd is good for the sport.

Comment

- Non injured Pacquiao

- Bradley

even Thurman and Kell Brook are much better options than Garcia because they possess physical advantages and a certain skillset that doesn't completely plays into Floyd's advantage

Garcia is just a slow ass, cement footed counterpuncher with average skills who'll get easily outboxed in a boring match. He's tailor made for Floyd, he's like Canelo but physically weaker, with much less talent and overall skills.

nothing but an easy cherrypick to get that #50 W

bwahahaha....im not gonna dive in on that "uninjured" Manny but I've suffered shoulder injuries. Trust me, you are not going to throw shots like that 12 rounds , take selfies, raise your hand, not complain, get a rub down in the corner, or not even wince with a shoulder injury. Ive had strains, and aggravated injuries, this MFer supposedly fought numerous rounds with a tear......yeah right....

Garcia has a more decorated career than both Brook and Thurman. I dont think thurman even has a win over a top ten guy, he has fringe guys like Guerrero and Bundu....Brook only has one win over a top ten opponent.

Garcia is new to the weight but was the clear man at 140. Gotta respeck him for that

You dont think Thurman, who doesnt establish a jab and throws potshot power punches isnt tailor made for him? Thurman would be lucky to win 2 rounds

Brook is so predictable and all he does is jab jab right, jab jab right...one round and mayweather is dailed in, countering it. He doesnt have good head movement which is a big deal vs a counterpuncher

No one at 147 is even a threat

I definitely ride with you on Bradley as an opponent but it wont happen. Bradley would be my first choice but he doesnt bring in fans to some.

Personally they are all cherrypicks because no one at 147 will be competitive with Floyd, even at 39. its levels to this.

Comment

Working...
                      X