Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Golovkin can outbox Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobmanll View Post
    That's exactly what canelo is expecting, canelo just needs one good counter to hurt ggg. Ggg being aggressive plays into canelos fighting style.
    Canelo can hurt GGG and probably will hit him with a couple of good shots . But his style also plays into golovkins hands, canelo cant use use feet to move and will not be able to avoid getting walked down so it will be a firefight, i just dont think canelo can handle GGG's power and will end up like everybody else .

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      where is this notion that canelo is a better boxer than a guy with over 300 amateur fights and a silver medal at the olympics is coming from? is like people are trying to fool themselves to believe that GGG is nothing more than a big puncher
      Maybe cause ggg got outboxed by guys who where nowhere on canelos level? Go on YouTube and watch ggg get outboxed by nobodies prior to getting the ko.

Comment

Originally posted by bobmanll View Post
        Maybe cause ggg got outboxed by guys who where nowhere on canelos level? Go on YouTube and watch ggg get outboxed by nobodies prior to getting the ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          where is this notion that canelo is a better boxer than a guy with over 300 amateur fights and a silver medal at the olympics is coming from? is like people are trying to fool themselves to believe that GGG is nothing more than a big puncher
          How long ago was that? Over a decade? He's notgoing to have the same quickness or reflex as he did during his amateur years.

He's also been trained as a come forward fighter while under Sanchez. The few times he's been forced on his back foot he hasn't been as comfortable.

Comment

Canelo getting walked down oressure and counters is the typical and surest way to victory. If he boxes, he can still win but he'll have a 50% harder time boxing on the move rather methodically cutting off the ring.

Comment

Didnt see anything that tells me he can outbox him neither of them are skilled boxers but both are good counter puncher

If GGG game plan is to make Canelo the aggressor than I could see him having some success but I doubt that's the fight will see

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Didnt see anything that tells me he can outbox him neither of them are skilled boxers but both are good counter puncher

If GGG game plan is to make Canelo the aggressor than I could see him having some success but I doubt that's the fight will see
                Ggg can try jabbing and moving around but his trainer would prob get mad. ggg will be aggressive canelo will hurt him with body shots and get ko 8th round.
                Last edited by bobmanll; 05-11-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

This won't be a boxing match. Canelo has good head and upper-body movement, but his legs won't allow him to move and out-box GGG. I think with the boxer/puncher, and counter-punching GGG is more fundamentally sound.

Comment

Canelo will hit GGG with one of his counter rights and when GGG feels his combos, it will be that moment that GGG realizes that Canelo isn't Rubio.

Comment

How they'll react to each others body punches will be the decisive point in this fight IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X