Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Confident: Golovkin is Not What Everybody Think He Is!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    We need more posters with common sense ike you here to balance out all the negative haters and troll posters. Keep posting.
    Thanks mate. I always try to be as objective as I can.

Comment

• Canelo: "Golovkin is Not What Everybody Think He Is!"

Right... He's even worse...

Comment

• Canelo has forced Oscar's hand on making 'risky' fights previously.

I've got no doubt that Canelo takes this fight, his resume for a 25 year old speaks for itself.

Comment

• when ggg lands that first jab, canelo will realize he is in a world of trouble

if khan and floyds right hand can visably fluster you, god knows what triple g's right hand will do to you

Comment

• Even though Canelo faced much better competition, he never looked impressive in any of those fights. He looked like **** against Khan until he landed that last shot, and was in very competitive match against a much smaller Cotto.

The only top guys his size, he barely beat in Trout and Lara.

I don't even want to get into the Floyd fight.

Not saying GGG blows him out of the water, but it's amazing how highly people think of Canelo. I just don't see him as anything special. Just an above average fighter who relies on his size advantage to give him the extra boost.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              I don't get why people think this is a blowout. GGG has not faced this caliber of fighter at the pro level.

This could be another Garcia/Matthysse situation.
              It is an absolute mismatch, and Canelo gets destroyed. That's why Ward wanted no part of him. GGG beats everybody up to 168.

Comment

• Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
                They could both easily beat Canelo.

When has Canelo EVER fought a puncher. A shot to hell Angulo and Kirkland?

All the "names" Canelo has fought have been fighters two weights smaller or he got some robbery decision.
                Canelo's supposed great resume is bull****.

His best wins are against Lara and Trout, and he only just sc****d past them.

The only elite fighter he has ever faced was Floyd, who schooled him easily at 152.

To me, he looks like he could have been tailor made to take a brutal beating from Golovkin. He has no movement, no jab, no real power = no chance of beating GGG.

Correction ... he has one possible chance only .. to accept the fight at 160 and pray that the extra 5lbs gives him the pop a man with his toe to toe style would need to have any hope at all of beating Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by SleepyBear View Post
                  I beg to differ. Golovkin may not have speed, but he does have boxing IQ. you don't fight 300+ amateur fights and 30+ pro fights and not build up your boxing IQ.
                  Golovkin has great boxing IQ. Mayweather has better boxing IQ. That is why it's not a step-up for Canelo regards boxing IQ.

Comment

• Canelo keeps talking about all the experience he's accumulated, but he's yet to fight a well-rounded pressure fighter. Kirkland and Angulo have a low(er) boxing IQ and played right into his counter-punching game. GGG is pretty much the final exam for this style.

Comment

• Originally posted by SleepyBear View Post
                      Canelo's defense has been getting better and better, but he is kinda flat footed, and he definitely lacks in cutting off the ring as we saw how he struggled with Khan. Golovkin is a master at cutting off the ring.
                      I think Canelo's skills at cutting the ring will not be tested against GGG )))) It will be extremely easy to find Golovkin - he will be the dude who is punching him in the face ))))

Comment

Working...
                      X