No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Drills Khan With Brutal One-Punch Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
    Nope. Not even close.... Rehydration has nothing to do w/ anything. This was not a clash of middleweights. Anymore than Diaz vs Mcgreggor was a clash of welterweights....It simply wasn't. CM didn't go up 2 wt divs either. But whatever...we don't have to beat this horse. U can believe the promo all you want..go right ahead.
    What are you smoking? Conor absolutely went up 2 weight classes....he jumped from 145 to 170

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
      People always underestimate the effect of body punches, but to me the huge bodypunches that Canelo landed on the left side of Khan's body changed the whole fight. Khan got more hesitant, he lost his momentum right there and had less speed/stamina, his head defence got more sloppy and Alvarez just set up that monster head punch.

People who say it was a 5-0 fight for Khan simply doesnt understand this sport, Alvarez was taking total control of this fight after the first 3 rounds.
      Canelo is just one of those fighters who will have some fans rooting for and praying the opponent to win, therefore giving the benefit to the opponent if they land one punch in a round versus Canelo's more consistent attack. It's nothing about him not fighting GGG yet, it's not a 2016 thing, they did it when he stepped up twice to Trout and Lara, two fights he won, his detractors said were robberies. Canelo has a massive fanbase, his fans love him, but his critics really hate him though.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
        That's exactly what happened. Canelo set it up with body shots, used the feint, and came over the top with the big straight right. It's the exact combo Shane Mosley used against Floyd in round two of their fight. Even Floyd got rocked by it. It's tough to defend your head when you're getting hurt so badly to the body.

What I find shocking, was that Khan clearly wasn't expecting this, because he was throwing a left hand as he was falling. So much for Virgil Hunter helping him with defense. His legs were suppose to be his defense, but Canelo took them away with the body shots. He clearly slowed in round 3.

Props to Khan for even taking the fight though.
        That's what I don't understand he didn't see it at all. He's too focused on his offense and forgets his opponent has two gloves also lol.

Slipping punches is a big risk and only a few can get away with it. U just have to know when is the right time to do it.

Comment

• didnt bother watching this circus show of a fight because the result was all too easy to predict. canelo has no respect for boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
            To be fair, khan was winning the fight and boxing rings around nelo.....
            I suppose it finished the way we taught tho, that was a brutal KO...
            And its easy to say now that this fight should not of been sanctioned, but at the same time, Khan had success in what he was doing
            Easy to say now? Lol, don't even try to play that game, this aint no hindsight situation, pretty much EVERYONE called this fight out for the farce that it turned out to be, there is almost no one who didn't know this would happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
              Well, he must be high.
              Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
              **** this ***** ginger coward lol. He got outboxed 5-0 and was losing until the knockout lol. GGG smokes this *****.
              think he needs to brush up on what boxing is about lmao

Comment

• Khan was on the bike a bit too much, it started to get a little boring that I wasn't really paying attention and then all of a sudden BAM he's out cold. Thought it was going to go the distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Don't see how anyone had that fight 4-1 or 5-0 for Khan. You had to completely ignore Canelo's body work. Maybe it was the expectation that any and everytime Canelo touched Khan, people thought Khan would show a visable reaction. The only clear round Khan won was the first. And to be honest, Canelo was actually outboxing Khan at the time of the stoppage. This was far from a situation where Khan was outclassing Canelo and simply got caught. He was tactically broken down, and eventually disposed of.
                  I'd green you if I could (gotta spread some rep), but I said pretty much the same thing earlier in this thread. Alvarez was breaking him down with his sustained body attack, and he was cutting the ring off very well while keeping the jab in Khan's face. If you thought Khan was winning, you were ignoring Alvarez entirely. Those body punches had Khan on his bike starting from about the middle of the 3rd round.

I personally thought Khan won 1 and 2, with 3 being a tossup, and Alvarez taking over for the rest of the fight (3-2 Alvarez on my card).

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Canelo is just one of those fighters who will have some fans rooting for and praying the opponent to win, therefore giving the benefit to the opponent if they land one punch in a round versus Canelo's more consistent attack. It's nothing about him not fighting GGG yet, it's not a 2016 thing, they did it when he stepped up twice to Trout and Lara, two fights he won, his detractors said were robberies. Canelo has a massive fanbase, his fans love him, but his critics really hate him though.
                    ...........and that's why "fans" are just so annoying in Boxing.

I had Canelo losing the fight to Lara, but even I know that Canelo was in control of this fight from the 3rd round.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

The guys who dont like Candlo really do hate him it seems. I guess the remnants of the Floyd and Pac hate groups have merged their hate into one Voltron super Canelo hate group. No one else gets that kind of hate but Pac and Floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X