No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Drills Khan With Brutal One-Punch Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elgu View Post
    Disgusting that fights like this gets sanctioned.
    exactly, money grab fight

Comment

• Khan just never learns.

I think he probably tried to dodge the punch by moving out of the way but canelo reached him. I saw khan dodge punches with his hands down in rounds but it's only a matter of time until it lands. You can tell canelo really extended for that one punch knowing khan will try to move out the way.

Or he tried to slip the feint jab and counter but didn't see the overhand right.

Either way his awareness ****ing sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
        so who u got canelo or GGG?
        Very tough fight, but I'll stick with Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
          People always underestimate the effect of body punches, but to me the huge bodypunches that Canelo landed on the left side of Khan's body changed the whole fight. Khan got more hesitant, he lost his momentum right there and had less speed/stamina, his head defence got more sloppy and Alvarez just set up that monster head punch.

People who say it was a 5-0 fight for Khan simply doesnt understand this sport, Alvarez was taking total control of this fight after the first 3 rounds.
          Well these people simply cannot score a fight objectively. You are right on the money. Anyone who has actually ever sparred in a gym, or fought competitively will tell you, you are 100% correct.

Comment

• So what Khan's.hit at any weight ...watch videos, m8's lol.ha.Khan as always ..the joke.

Comment

• Don't see how anyone had that fight 4-1 or 5-0 for Khan. You had to completely ignore Canelo's body work. Maybe it was the expectation that any and everytime Canelo touched Khan, people thought Khan would show a visable reaction. The only clear round Khan won was the first. And to be honest, Canelo was actually outboxing Khan at the time of the stoppage. This was far from a situation where Khan was outclassing Canelo and simply got caught. He was tactically broken down, and eventually disposed of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Najeem View Post
                Or he tried to slip the feint jab and counter but didn't see the overhand right.

Either way his awareness ****ing sucks
                That's exactly what happened. Canelo set it up with body shots, used the feint, and came over the top with the big straight right. It's the exact combo Shane Mosley used against Floyd in round two of their fight. Even Floyd got rocked by it. It's tough to defend your head when you're getting hurt so badly to the body.

What I find shocking, was that Khan clearly wasn't expecting this, because he was throwing a left hand as he was falling. So much for Virgil Hunter helping him with defense. His legs were suppose to be his defense, but Canelo took them away with the body shots. He clearly slowed in round 3.

Props to Khan for even taking the fight though.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Very tough fight, but I'll stick with Canelo.
                  I think people realize that Canelo can fight , GGG is a very tough fight and I think we will see more of Genadys skills in that one , people think he can only punch the guy is a great boxer also .

Comment

• This is the same punch he iced Kirkland with.

Dude has a mean counter right...

Also dropped Trout with a counter right from a jab. You'd think Khan would learn about from watching his fights that Canelo loves that powerful counter right. He'll throw it fairly straight or loop it but he's consistent with setting it up. His reach is very sneaky...he can land from very far away and get in deep for his shots. He has great eyes and anticipation. All s hitting aside that Khan was smaller.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
                      so who u got canelo or GGG?

you know what i lurve boxing but the saddest thing for us genuine fans is even if khan blatantly won and went the distance he wouldve got robbed

just look at the scorecards at the time of the stoppage what a joke
                      ggg by ko...

Comment

Working...
                      X