Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Drills Khan With Brutal One-Punch Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it 3-2 Khan heading into the 6th. Khan won the first 2 rounds, then after that Canelo started timing him and hurting him with anything he landed. Made Khan do the stanky leg with a hard left hook, then hurt him with a vicious body shot, then cut his eye. Going into the 6th even though Khan was ahead on the score I felt Canelo had the momentum and thought it was going to be very hard for Khan to keep moving and keep Canelo off him for 12 full rounds. And boy was I right, nasty KO!

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
      Dude was getting outboxed so badly lol. Khan deserves props canelo is an embarassment to boxing.
      i agree khan gets ten times the amount of respect compared to canelo

lets face take that one punch that knocked khan out away and canelo was getting absolutely schooled, khan won every round, imagine if khan actually had serious power canelo wouldve been in trouble...

lets see how canelo does against someone like GGG someone his own size and who has power of their own

Comment

Anyone notice that right hand changed just a bit? Hmmm

Comment

Alvarez took over and adjusted before the KO. All Khan has going for him are fast hands. He doesn't know how to set up and his jabs are just flickers for wild flurries. He's just an average boxer/fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            To be fair, he took some big shots.

That one though, that was almost a replica of what he did to Kirkland. Lean in low, overhand right on the button.
            maybe, but i'm talking about the fact that they moved up a fighter 2 weight classes to look good in front of him.

Comment

No surprise here. At least Khan showed some balls and finally got that big payday he's chasing for so long. Respect to Canelo for immediately showing concern for Khan. Hope all the post-fight big talk from him will be backed up with him fighting GGG.

Comment

Good fight, props to khan for putting up a good effort. Read a bunch of post talking about khan's weak chin- he took some really good shots throughout the fight. That last shot would've ko'd anyone. Nothing to do with his weak chin, just awful defense. About a minute before the ko, canelo caught him with a good combo that left khan wobbly and the ko was a result of it.

Moving on to the post fight interview- I genuinely believe canelo would fight GGG if it's up to him, and even though it seemed promising after Canelo said what he said, I doubt the real shot caller DLH let the fight happen. Not in September at least

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  It was a clear 5-0 Khan.

Just made that one mistake which was always a possibility when you take risky fights.
                  The one mistake he always makes gettng hit solid at some point over 12 rounds with elite fighters , elite pros is not the same as stealing amateur bouts with pitter patter .

Comment

Best possible outcome for Khan. He got taken out quick and suffered minimal damage. He should never fight anyone who can hurt him or who can box. And he should get some counselling for the delusions if he believes anything that he was saying, if it was anything but promotion.

As far as his fans I don't know what to say. This was the only possible outcome, anything else was a long shot. Maybe they find his personality or appearance attractive or maybe it is the hopeful delusional talking. I'm not sure but none of that matters in the ring. As we saw tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
                      It clearly wasn't 5-0. Seriously, where are people getting these scores from?
                      Had 11 people here watching. Most going for Canelo.

They all had Khan winning the first 5 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X