No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan expects Canelo to weigh 175 on fight night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan says GGG is "too big" though lol
    Needs to tell the truth and just say he's too good.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      It just baffles me as to why Khan has this opportunity, knocked to bits at lightweight, knocked to bits at light welterweight, avoided good fighters at welterweight .A faded name and very disliked in his country of residence.Hasn't fought anyone for years, struggled badly with Algieri.I can only put his chance down to calling everyone out but still no form?

Canelo doesn't need to come in at 175lbs against a runner.
      Kahn thinks he's better than he is - no crime in that. Dude wants to be great - whatever - its his funeral.
      As far as Ginger goes, he can have a soft touch once in awhile... Cotto, Kirkland, Lara, Mayweather. That's been some kind of run. HOWEVER, when a guy walks in the ring over 170 for a 155lb fight, and still says he's not a middleweight, you have to question his confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        It was Oscar's idea.

He knows the business side; Khan is a known name, he's only really moving up 8lbs, it'll spark the casual interest (and let's be real, legit fans will watch it too)....It's a business fight for Oscar.
        Yep, I get that but I like most inc. Oscar no doubt just I see a bigger stronger version of Garcia in there and don't see anywhere in Khans form to suggest he can make a fight of it beyond the early rounds and would expect Canelo to want a tougher tussle.

Yes casual interest and legit fans but this is based on a no form fighters promises ..nothing more.

Comment

I think that Khan rehydrates to over 300 pounds, then Robert Byrd distracts the in-ring referee Kenny Bayless, while Virgil (Hunter, not the Million Dollar Man's sidekick) hits Canelo with a chair. When I called the Vegas Insider guys with this bet proposal they laughed and said they'd give me a trillion to one odds on it, so if anybody has any connections and can make this happen in the ring, it would really help my family and I out a lot.

Comment

Canelo was so huge in the Cotto fight. The size difference was very telling. I didn't see Cotto winning that fight.

Comment

He's in the range , minimum 20 pounds over...Fraudverez is such a ****...

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                Canelo was so huge in the Cotto fight. The size difference was very telling. I didn't see Cotto winning that fight.
                Yet Cotto still went the distance and made the fight closer than the scorecard suggested

Maybe Canelo is having issues cutting to 155?

Cotto was a much smaller guy, and has been stopped by smaller men, he was also older and has been in many wars, one has to question why couldnt Canelo stop him? Cotto was in the pocket all through the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  Yet Cotto still went the distance and made the fight closer than the scorecard suggested

Maybe Canelo is having issues cutting to 155?

Cotto was a much smaller guy, and has been stopped by smaller men, he was also older and has been in many wars, one has to question why couldnt Canelo stop him? Cotto was in the pocket all through the fight.
                  An old Cotto still has a better chin than any version of Khan

Comment

I thought Cotto won the Canelo fight, but Canelo's size is no joke. Khan needs to be a lot faster than Canelo, specifically with food speed, if he's to stand a chance. I just don't see it happening, though.

Comment

i hope for khan's health that he is mistaken. a guy like khan fighting a LHW is a disgrace for boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X