Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see Golovkin vs Mayweather EVER happening?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never going to happen.

Floyds a 40 year old Welterweight he's not going to fight a prime beast of s Middleweight like Golovkin nor should he.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Yeah, right after Floyd fights prime Margarito.

Little surprised Showtime even allowed Golovkin's name to come up in association with Floyd though. We had Espinoza talking to Ring Magazine last week about Golovkin fighting Jacobs. Wonder if GGG's contract is really up with HBO and Showtime might be set for a push?
      Showtime better be set for a helluva push if they want GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        I mean, in some remotely far-fetched scenario even? I know it's not likely but then again- Floyd loves money, and no fight on the planet makes more money than this one would.

Personally I don't see it happening because its an extremely risky fight for Floyd, even if he sets a catchweight (very likely).
        why should floyd fight a MW who is not even a PPV fighter...

Comment

I am positive this fight will never happen. Mayweather already has more money than even he could spend. He is probably making money as a promoter and he loves promoting his fighters. I disagree that GGG is his biggest money fight. His fight with Pacquiao made unbelievable money. I think a rematch with Pacquiao is his biggest money fight and it's a fight he would probably win. Mayweather loves being undefeated just as much as he loves money. He won't risk his 0 against GGG. Mayweather wouldn't fight Canelo at any higher weight limit than 152 so he sure as hell won't fight the bigger, better GGG at 154 let alone 160.Mayweather is not coming out of retirement to lose. A fight with GGG at 154 is a fight he would lose in my opinion. Mayweather is a great fighter but so is GGG and he is younger and a lot bigger than Mayweather and he punches twice as hard. He has great jab and an iron jaw. Mayweather can't hurt him but he can and would hurt Mayweather. Mayweather will continue to insist GGG should fight Ward at 175 but he will never fight GGG at any weight.

Comment

Floyd has previously stated that if Gennady wishes to secure a fight with him, he must fight and beat Andre Ward. People seem to have forgotten, or they conveniently ignore it and only focus on Floyd's camp calling GGG easy work. The stipulation has been made, the onus of on GGG to fight Ward.

Regardless of whatever the intent behind that statement was, the quickest and surest way for May and GGG to get in the ring is for GGG to meet that condition.

Comment

No! As posted in Another thread, not "REALISTIC" unless you just hate Mayweather and all you care about is hoping to see him lose to the point in which you're willing to throw him in with anybody with no regard for weight classes

Never ending quest with fans, they will just continue to ask for more. After GGG it will be "Why Don't You Fight Ward or Kovalev At 175!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                why should floyd fight a MW who is not even a PPV fighter...
                Terrible argument. Is every guy that Floyd faced a PPV fighter on their own? GGG at least arguably is. Was Baldomir? Berto? Guerrero?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  No! As posted in Another thread, not "REALISTIC" unless you just hate Mayweather and all you care about is hoping to see him lose to the point in which you're willing to throw him in with anybody with no regard for weight classes

Never ending quest with fans, they will just continue to ask for more. After GGG it will be "Why Don't You Fight Ward or Kovalev At 175!" lol
                  I fully understand that it would spell certain death for Foyd, but the guy has amazed me enough in the past to where I'm now at least willing to entertain the idea of a Floyd win lol

Comment

Oh god I hope not. To be honest I don't want to see Floyd fight at all anymore. He's had a great career. He's made plenty of money. It's time to hang them up for good.

Comment

I don't want it to happen even at 154, where GGG has not fought at as a professional. The size disparity is also a problem, anyone who really wants to see this fight is just desperate to see Floyd get beaten (and beaten badly at that) ..... If Floyd did win the fight at 154, he wouldn't get any credit because in those people's minds he shouldn't win against a healthy GGG.

Just because GGG says he can make 154, doesn't mean he can do it while still being effective in the ring. Dawson said he could do 168, he made 168 and proceeded to get a career changing beatdown. Canelo said 150 for Floyd, he got 152 and he still haven't heard the last of it from detractors.

We don't need more Maxi threads about how Floyd always had to have the advantage and so on and so on...

Comment

Working...
                      X