Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ward at physical disadvantage against Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Mmm if Kovalev fights taller, it's his skill. He's not taller. If there's any difference it's maybe experience at the weight, I give you that.
    Of course. Don't read more into that than what I said. I'm not adding or taking anything away from your argument by that statement. Fighting tall can play to physical strengths and keeping a more coiled stance lends to movement (hence Andre's posture). It's the same in relation to the punches they throw. They're playing to their natural strengths. That's what makes them the best.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
      Hahaha. It's really starting to get annoying though fans and haters bring him up in every topic.
      Face it, GGG is very popular.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
        Face it, GGG is very popular.
        Popular doesnt mean beat everyone , I would bet a good deal GGG cannot beat Ward in a boxing match , might be different in the fan base size but that dont win fights that only wins fan polls .

Ward vs Kov is a great fight and Ward will have a slight disadvantage as for size Kov is a very big LW and Ward is small to med LH he made 168 Inot that long ago doubt Kov ever could ., but by the same token Ward is working his way into the division so it wont matter that much on the night .

Comment

I think Ward is physically stronger than Kovalev as well. But kovalev is definitely the stronger puncher.

Ward has good clinch and isnide strength, although he did look physically weaker than Dawson in the 1st round, before the weigh drian kicked in.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Popular doesnt mean beat everyone , I would bet a good deal GGG cannot beat Ward in a boxing match , might be different in the fan base size but that dont win fights that only wins fan polls .

Ward vs Kov is a great fight and Ward will have a slight disadvantage as for size Kov is a very big LW and Ward is small to med LH he made 168 Inot that long ago doubt Kov ever could ., but by the same token Ward is working his way into the division so it wont matter that much on the night .
            Approaching 2 1/2 years isn't that long ago?

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
              Approaching 2 1/2 years isn't that long ago?
              Not really in a fully grown 30 yr old man , was only last year he said 168 for GGG and he was 171 for the Smith fight , dont forget he is building himself up to 175 , he is smaller than Kov there is really no question there but I dont think it will be much by Nov .

Comment

Not really in a fully grown 30 yr old man , was only last year he said 168 for GGG and he was 171 for the Smith fight , dont forget he is building himself up to 175 , he is smaller than Kov there is really no question there but I dont think it will be much by Nov .
                It's not age necessarily but in boxing years, that's a long time. Didn't he even say himself he was having a hard time making 168 anyway? He looked fine at 175. Maybe not in terms of performance (to me at least), but he should be alright at LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  It's not age necessarily but in boxing years, that's a long time. Didn't he even say himself he was having a hard time making 168 anyway? He looked fine at 175. Maybe not in terms of performance (to me at least), but he should be alright at LHW.
                  Boxing years is not relative to body development years , boxing years is about wear and tear inside a boxing ring , but its not a big factor in this one way or the other they both 6ft Kov is probably just a little more raw boned a bit broader shouldered maybe .

I dont know if Ward said he was having trouble with 168 it might be work dont know about trouble but as you say he should be ok at LH by Nov .

Im really looking forward the fight and fancy Ward but see it as a 50/50 fight .

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    Ward made more muscles in order to fight at 175 in equal circumstances against the rest of the LHW's.

He's not being at any disadvantage.

In the meantime, GGG who weights fight night like a JMW, is supposed to go up to SMW.
                    you exposed hypocrite crying b1tch

Comment

Are you sure?

Comment

Working...
                      X