Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ward at physical disadvantage against Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is sad man

Comment

But if they're the same size, that goes against the narrative of Ward either being forced to move up or moving up to chase greatness. Which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
        But if they're the same size, that goes against the narrative of Ward either being forced to move up or moving up to chase greatness. Which is it?
        Ward made more muscles in order to fight at 175 in equal circumstances against the rest of the LHW's.

He's not being at any disadvantage.

In the meantime, GGG who weights fight night like a JMW, is supposed to go up to SMW.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Ward made more muscles in order to fight at 175 in equal circumstances against the rest of the LHW's.

In the meantime, GGG who weights fight night like a JMW, is supposed to go up to SMW.
          Ya'll really fear Ward....ya'll have no issue with GGG fighting Ramirez,Chavez Jr or Froch

Comment

Ward admitted himself he had trouble making 168. Last fight at SMW was Nov of 2013. GGG is most comfortable at MW. Walks around at 170ish. Not a big frame. Ward is a LHW and has been for a while. While he should get plenty of credit if he gets in with Kovalev, let's not give him extra credit by buying into the fiction -- that he's moving up out of his own weight class to chase greatness or that he's been forced to do so. He was holding out at SMW for the payday he'd make off GGG's work.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              Ya'll really fear Ward....ya'll have no issue with GGG fighting Ramirez,Chavez Jr or Froch
              Floyd really feared Martinez, Williams or any other top fighter at 154. He only moved up to 154 for old, shot fighters or a CW. All at his convenience. You don't seem to have a problem with it.

Comment

Hypocrites!!!

Mayweather weighs between 148lbs (Mayweather-Maidana 2) and 150lbs (Mayweather-Canelo) on fight night, which is less than jnr welterweighs Amir Imam (151lbs) and Terrence Crawford (151lbs) and even less than some lightweights like Robert Easter (151lbs) weigh on fight night, yet you GGG hypocrites criticise him for not fighting two divisions above his normal fighting weigh against GGG (168lbs-172lbs).

But GGG, who actually weighs on the super middleweight limit and above, is being hated when asked to move up one division and fight at a weight where he can actually make the weight limit and weigh above on fight night after hydration?

Hypocrites!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  Hypocrites!!!

Mayweather weighs between 148lbs (Mayweather-Maidana 2) and 150lbs (Mayweather-Canelo) on fight night, which is less than jnr welterweighs Amir Imam (151lbs) and Terrence Crawford (151lbs) and even less than some lightweights like Robert Easter (151lbs) weigh on fight night, yet you GGG hypocrites criticise him for not fighting two divisions above his normal fighting weigh against GGG (168lbs-172lbs).

But GGG, who actually weighs on the super middleweight limit and above, is being hated when asked to move up one division and fight at a weight where he can actually make the weight limit and weigh above on fight night after hydration?

Hypocrites!
                  Hypocrites my balls. Mayweather fight night weight is NOT 148/150.

He was put in evidence of his lies when he informed a 150 fight night weight for the canelo fight when he had been 150.5 at the weigh in the day before, and no one loses weight between the weigh in and fight night time.

Mayweather is not as small as you think. He comes in between 150 and 160 depending the circumstances. No one with a brain trusts his fight night weights bull shiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails View Post
                    Kovalev might have an inch at most in height of Ward. Kovalev is kind of thin in appearance compared to Ward so it might make him look even taller when they aren't next to each other. Other than that they are pretty equal in size which is why I like this match-up. Neither one really has a size advantage over the other when you think about it.
                    that is a first for ward being a CW who fought SM

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                      I'm a GGG fan and I've got no fear or issue with a Ward fight. I'd love to see it happen. Doesn't mean I'm going to ignore reality and expect GGG to accept a lousy offer to fight Ward, though. And while I agree, while some Golovkin fans are scared of the Ward fight, I don't think GGG is.

Comment

Working...
                      X