Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ward at physical disadvantage against Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They may be similar in size, but Kovalev is career light heavyweight. He's been knocking out light heavyweights and getting hit by them as well.

Ward spent most of his career at Super Middleweight and just moved up to 175. The punches he'll take from a bigger puncher like Kovalev will be guaranteed to be the hardest he's ever been hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Even match height weight yet he wants to fight the little 5 foot 9 160 pound Glovokin
      lol, because Ward called GGG out right?

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        Me: "You think Andre Ward is a fan of Seinfeld?"

Boxingscene: "All I know is GGG has watched every episode"
        Hahaha. It's really starting to get annoying though fans and haters bring him up in every topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          They may be similar in size, but Kovalev is career light heavyweight. He's been knocking out light heavyweights and getting hit by them as well.

Ward spent most of his career at Super Middleweight and just moved up to 175. The punches he'll take from a bigger puncher like Kovalev will be guaranteed to be the hardest he's ever been hit.
          That doesn't have anything to do with anything. The weight is pretty much the same, the height, the reach, everything is pretty much equal. If anything can be different is what fighters are made off. Skill, talent, strenght, etc. That is not a Kovalev advantage. If with the same size, Kovalev produces more power then he is superior in that department, period. Ward might be superior in other departments. But he's not at disadvantage.
          Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          lol, because Ward called GGG out right?
          Well, calling Golovkin "Little G" and saying "They (HBO) preassure me to move up, and not others..." says something about how he feels.

Comment

They have literally made the place unbearable.

What is sad is you know that the majority of them only knew about GGG since 2015, now they are die hard guys.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Actually google listes Ward as almost one inch taller than Kovalev. And boxrec lists both at 6'0. I don't think Kovalev is taller.

Sullivan Barrera is listed as 6'2 in some sites (I guess he's 6'1) and you can see him pretty much the same height as Ward http://ucnlive.com/wp-content/upload...ganphotos6.jpg
              They always list boxers taller than what they are. If you notice any popular fighter will never be under 5'8". lol! Dont be surprised if Roman Gonzalez becomes popular and moves up a lil in weight if he goes from 5'2" to 5'8" overnight lol!

Comment

I know Kovalev is listed at 6' but I remember him being at least Hopkins height which is 6'1" maybe even slightly taller but not by much. Andre Ward is somewhere around 6'1" because he's usually taller than everyone aside from Froch who is 6'1" himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                  They have literally made the place unbearable.

What is sad is you know that the majority of them only knew about GGG since 2015, now they are die hard guys.

And you? "PROVE THAT CANELO WAS 172 AGAINST TROUT, PROVE IT" lol...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Lol notice how he shrunk Golovkin from 5'10" 1/2 to 5'9" just for his agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      And you? "PROVE THAT CANELO WAS 172 AGAINST TROUT, PROVE IT" lol...
                      Is that pic meant to mean something to me?

Haven't you already exposed yourself as a boxing moron with threads like this?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=708372

Why am I even wasting my time with you? You know **** about boxing. All you post about is GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X