Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Wade Registers As Most-Watched Cable TV Fight of 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djt117 View Post
    Yeah of course but you'd have to be nuts to think they lose money on any GGG fight. He sells out arenas on two different coasts, and draws the highest ratings of any fighter on HBO except Canelo (on those occasions when he fights off PPV). So you know the license fee is very high, obviously.

I mean I'm gonna guess perhaps you don't like GGG, which is fine, but the dude is a star, andif you're a promoter and you're losing money on GGG, lol you're doing something seriously wrong.
    They lose money because the ticket prices are very low. I don't know what the fee was for this fight. DO you?

I never suggested he wasn't making any profit, relax. GGG caters to a "less wealthy" crowd. His ringside seat was $400. The bulk of the seats were between $10 -30 dollars. just for comparison, I paid just about $400 for ODH/Bhop and I was way up.

Like this fight, GGG/wade purses were $2.5 mil combined, Gonzalez was $500k. SO if the site fee is $3 mil, then they cover it without K2 having to dip in their wallet.

My point is a small loss on a fight like this is no big deal because they will make it back on Canelo. I in no way am suggesting GGG isn't making K2 any money or he himself isn't profitable.

That said, a good "tv fighter" may not sell a lot of tickets-Loma and Walters being 2 examples of this..

Comment

• Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
      GGG vs. Lemieux did more than 2 million at the gate. Just ask google.

That punk takes ******ity to the next level.
      Yes, Golovkin did a rumored $2m, on just over 20k tickets, at MSG in New York City.

Funny to see you try to ignore the fact that Golovkin has now had 3 fights in SoCal, has been pushing "Mexican Style" for years at this point, and K2 has yet to disclose a single actual gate number for Golovkin in his adopted home base. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Yes, Golovkin did a rumored $2m, on just over 20k tickets, at MSG in New York City.

Funny to see you try to ignore the fact that Golovkin has now had 3 fights in SoCal, has been pushing "Mexican Style" for years at this point, and K2 has yet to disclose a single actual gate number for Golovkin in his adopted home base. lol
        [IMG]http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/4898200b14b9b9110088aab9-1190-625/dreamworks-simple-jack-******-movie-offended-people-so-we-took-site-down.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• GGG is more popular than Ward.

Ward had just 742,000 viewers vs Brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            I swear I saw the other day in the ggg thread that hbo was free this weekend.... if so this number isn't that great
            Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
            Someone just reads titles I guess.
            Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            hmph.... than these numbers, for the promotion/hype that they're giving lilg... those numbers aren't really impressive.

How did you assume such a thing?
            Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
            Because if you read it, it says free access views are excluded

Comment

Working...
            X