No announcement yet.

Canelo is a far better fighter then GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    every damn time GGG gets hit yall say "he let him hit him" naw dude just isnt that good period..AND WHAT BEAT DOWN??? WHERE WAS THE BEAT DOWN???
    Now I don't know whether or not it's true in this case, but it certainly was not against Monroe Jr. I was upset that they wouldn't just give WMJ some credit for pressing the action and landing a few clean shots.

Regarding this fight I'd have to watch it again, but I doubt GGG straight up let him take shots.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
      every damn time GGG gets hit yall say "he let him hit him" naw dude just isnt that good period..AND WHAT BEAT DOWN??? WHERE WAS THE BEAT DOWN???
      He definitely let Wade hit him.... It was clear as day.

GGG is not a Ward or Mayweather in terms of skill set but he's not a caveman in there. Boxing is about combining your physical gifts with your acquired skill.

Ray Robinson is widely thought of as the best ever but watch his fights and he wasn't hard to hit but his combination of power, chin and speed was on a different level to his opponents. Obviously Robinson fought much better opposition but GGG is doing what he's supposed to do with whoever steps into the ring with him.

If GGG is a problem at 160 then trust me Canelo is not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        A second round KO of a very limited Wade is still better than going 12 rounds with a 2015 version of Andre Berto.
        This one made larry cry.

Comment

Im no fan of GGGs bum after bum resume , but this is not new when an elite guy fights a bum they have no respect and just walk through them , Gennady said in the first round I knew he was nothing , Spence did the same with Algieri because there was nothing against him and both fighters looked a little sloppy at times .

GGG and Spence will be a lot tighter when they fight a guy that can hurt them .

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Now I don't know whether or not it's true in this case, but it certainly was not against Monroe Jr. I was upset that they wouldn't just give WMJ some credit for pressing the action and landing a few clean shots.

Regarding this fight I'd have to watch it again, but I doubt GGG straight up let him take shots.
            I doubted it at the time, but in retrospect I think it was. Golovkin said he feels the power go out of them after the first knock-down, then encourages them to open up by letting them hit him.

You'll notice he didn't do it with Lemieux?

Comment

GGG fights to the level to his comp I believe. He's been blasting opponents that he feels can't hurt him by disregarding the defense a bit. Against someone like Canelo, he would certainly step it up, you can expect that. Heck, he was more cautious against Lemieux until he realized he couldn't be hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I doubted it at the time, but in retrospect I think it was. Golovkin said he feels the power go out of them after the first knock-down, then encourages them to open up by letting them hit him.

Cos hes a banger too

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

I suppose that's plausible. I'll rewatch this fight when I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    GGG fights to the level to his comp I believe. He's been blasting opponents that he feels can't hurt him by disregarding the defense a bit. Against someone like Canelo, he would certainly step it up, you can expect that. Heck, he was more cautious against Lemieux until he realized he couldn't be hurt.
                    I think a fighter like Canelo could bring out the best in GGG, which is great because I'd like to see what that best looks like. I think Canelo is a little overhyped in the power department but I'm sure he's got enough pop to get some respect from Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Im no fan of GGGs bum after bum resume , but this is not new when an elite guy fights a bum they have no respect and just walk through them , Gennady said in the first round I knew he was nothing , Spence did the same with Algieri because there was nothing against him and both fighters looked a little sloppy at times .

GGG and Spence will be a lot tighter when they fight a guy that can hurt them .
                      Exactly! Watch GGG vs Lemieux. Lemieux had to earn evry single shot. GGG defense was tighter then I've ever seen him before or after.

Comment

Working...
                      X