No announcement yet.

Wade/Golovkin Purse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade/Golovkin Purse

Golovkin making as much to fight Wade as he did Lemieux. I would've thought Wade was making more than this given he easily crossed the line to fight on HBO. Hopefully this means it'll be easier to get more Haymon fighters on HBO.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Golovkin making as much to fight Wade as he did Lemieux. I would've thought Wade was making more than this given he easily crossed the line to fight on HBO. Hopefully this means it'll be easier to get more Haymon fighters on HBO.
    500K for Wade? Somewhere Monroe is rolling up his pennies saying "WTF? I really have to fire my management!!" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      500K for Wade? Somewhere Monroe is rolling up his pennies saying "WTF? I really have to fire my management!!" LOL

2M for gg? Ridiculous. Wow now he doesn't have any incentives to step up. Look how much he's making fighting no hopers

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        2M for gg? Ridiculous. Wow now he doesn't have any incentives to step up. Look how much he's making fighting no hopers
        I know....2 over-inflated purses

Comment

Wade is IBF mandatory at least. Not that he's good byt "legally" he has something to back up that high purse.

GGG making 2 millions. Haters saying he's desperate for money, where are you now? ha ha...

Comment

What bugs me about this, is HBO is willing to shell out 2.5 million for this fight, but was not willing to pay half of that for Loma vs Walters.

I understand that GGG is a hot commodity, but the winner of Walters vs Loma would have been also.

Comment

nice! good for triple G he deserves every bit of it the guy gives the fans what they want a true peoples champion.respect box respect triple G!!!

Comment

that's a big chunk of the current HBO budget

as much as i love GGG i can't help but feel this money would be better spent elsewhere

Comment

GGG was due for a regular HBO raise. He'd been getting 1.5Mish for a minute outside of the PPV fight. Guy is getting all kinds of random endorsement deals every other month lately it seems lik. That should be of value to HBO + increase GGG's marketability worthy of a raise.

Surprised Wade is getting half a mill doe. Haymon ain't no joke for real I guess. I'd have suspected him to get half of that best case.

Comment

What bugs me about this, is HBO is willing to shell out 2.5 million for this fight, but was not willing to pay half of that for Loma vs Walters.

I understand that GGG is a hot commodity, but the winner of Walters vs Loma would have been also.
                    its all about ratings ggg brings in very good ratings.when walters headlined his own card the ratings were really terrible.loma is a guy only diehard fans know.

Comment

Working...
                    X