No announcement yet.

RJ Perspective...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Exactly!! Time defeats us all in the end leads us to grave!!

I was surprised he walked through Tony like that. It was very impressive.
    Prime RJJ whips the **** out of a prime Tarver!!

me too, especially seeing how Toney fights with McCallum were. Man that fight is so underrated because they are so skilled and missed alot but it was like watching a life boxing tutorial. they did it all.

Before he got knocked out, it looked like he was going to outclass Tarver. Tarver caught him and the rest is history

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
      We got these fcking idiots in here talking about Floyd and Manny in a RJJ thread?

Get the fck outta here.
      Incredible isn't it? I don't even think the thread got past the second page before it started.
      Last edited by joseph5620; 04-22-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        PERSPECTIVE. Realize something about ROY JONES JR. This man was 35 YEARS OLD when he was stopped by Antonio Tarver. Think about that. Some people see him now and actually seem to really believe that he was never any good to begin because of the way his career has went for the last 11 years.

But THINK about what I'm telling you: Until he was 35 YEARS OLD and a 50 fight veteran who had already been a pro for 15 YEARS when he got stopped by Antonio Tarver, this guy was pretty much one of the most untouchable dynamic forces boxing had ever seen.

He was fighting professionally for 15 YEARS before his slide began.

Most of the people who don't realize this have no knowledge of Roy Jones jr career prior to Tarver or Ruiz.

Comment

I give Pazienza the big balls award for fighting Jones. Now that was impressive.
          Having the stones needed to step in and throw down!

War Pazienza!

Comment

RJJ had not only phenomenal talent in his prime, but had and still has a warrior's heart. Most fighters would have retired after taking those devastating losses, but he brushed himself off and got back in the ring over and over again. He is motivated not by fame or money, but by the challenge of fighting and the love of the sport.

Comment

on his best day... at his peak??? Who actually BEATS him at 160 - 168???????

Comment

Great post. Many people want to forget how ancient he was when Tarver KO'ed him. Athleticism and reflex won't carry you forever.

Comment

RJJ was better, more exciting. Floyd is not TBE! Neither is PAC nor Marquez.

Roy made his competition look mediocre period!
                  Yes, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    watch that British program where Collins, Jones, Calzaghe, Eubank talk about their era.....all those fighters knew they were gonna get that issue fighting a prime Jones and Toney in the 90s. Eubank outright said he'd have to be willing to get hurt bad to beat Jones and wanted to be very good but the best, not so much.

When you're the most visible athlete, you take the blame but lets be real. People didnt call out Roy like they call out floyd because Roy had speed, power, was unorthodox and he taunted and would embarass you.
                    Yes, it was Sky Sports - The SMW's.

Eubank said it would have been suicide fighting Roy in his prime, and he'd only have taken the fight if Roy had become his mandatory. Which of course would never have happened. I doubt Roy would have featured anywhere in the WBO's ratings.

Comment

I give Pazienza the big balls award for fighting Jones. Now that was impressive.
                      Having the stones needed to step in and throw down!

War Pazienza!
                      Yeah, all credit to Vinny.

He even complained when the ref stopped the fight.

A true warrior.

He moved up from LW to do something that guys like Calzaghe would never have done.

Comment

Working...
                      X