Kellerman responds to criticism about calling Pac best of era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
    Nah, Max should just shut up.

Put his foot in his mouth and made himself look stupid. No need to try and clear it up, you work for HBO and ESPN, Enough said.

Max Kellerman - High End Casual.
    You may not agree with him, but you can't honestly say that. That's why kellerman was cool on espn...cuz it was like a hardcore fan was given a job as an analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      You may not agree with him, but you can't honestly say that. That's why kellerman was cool on espn...cuz it was like a hardcore fan was given a job as an analyst.
      Let me tell you something; me personally, never liked Max.

Sure, he'll throw around names of past greats and occasionally he'll throw out and unsung hero of a certain era but he never uses them in the correct context or makes any type of sense.

I remember when he said Zab Judah was like Pernell Whitaker. Or take James Toney and Floyd are very similar.

He may know the names, but he doesn't know the context

Comment

I highly doubt Kellerman believes that Pacquiao is better than Mayweather. Max is a student of boxing. However, every once in a while he'll say some off the cuff things especially when it comes to Pacquiao. It sounds like he's just sticking to the HBO script.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
          Let me tell you something; me personally, never liked Max.

Sure, he'll throw around names of past greats and occasionally he'll throw out and unsung hero of a certain era but he never uses them in the correct context or makes any type of sense.

I remember when he said Zab Judah was like Pernell Whitaker. Or take James Toney and Floyd are very similar.

He may know the names, but he doesn't know the context
          Max might say some ridiculous stuff sometimes, but he is a hardcore fan. Just like people on BS we are all hard cores no matter what crazy things some posters write. If you were a casual you would not know, watch or visit this site or know of any fight except the big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            Max might say some ridiculous stuff sometimes, but he is a hardcore fan. Just like people on BS we are all hard cores no matter what crazy things some posters write. If you were a casual you would not know, watch or visit this site or know of any fight except the big fights.
            I just don't like the guy, this stems back from before he was doing Friday Night Fights.

Whenever I hear him talk, I just think he's FOS.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              Says something along the lines of - beating a fighter isn't proof you are better in a P4P sense. If GGG beat Mayweather in a fight that was in any way competitive, he'd still consider Mayweather the better P4P fighter because it took more for Floyd to move up that many times and be competitive in a fight than it did for GGG to take on a smaller man and win. Similarly he believes that since Pacquiao, as the former lineal flyweight champion, had to move up more times to make it to WW that what he did in winning some rounds against Floyd was more impressive in his opinion than Floyd winning against the naturally smaller fighter. Says Pacquiao being a top fighter at WW, as a former flyweight, would be like Floyd, a former SFW, being a top fighter at SMW.

I don't agree personally, but figured why not make the thread anyway since the video has like no views and the original statement from Kellerman had prompted a lot of discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CmWUbGR1WQ
              He is absolutely on point. Pacquiao was better to watch, fought better opponents, beat them more convincingly and won more titles and/or fight at the highest level in more weight divisions than Mayweather.

Pacquiao has done everything better or more often than Mayweather. That's not even an opinion. If we are basing the entirety of their generation/era on one fight...then I don't know what to tell you. In that case, Frazier is better than Ali, Saddler better than Pep and Marciano better than Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                He is absolutely on point. Pacquiao was better to watch, fought better opponents, beat them more convincingly and won more titles and/or fight at the highest level in more weight divisions than Mayweather.

Pacquiao has done everything better or more often than Mayweather. That's not even an opinion. If we are basing the entirety of their generation/era on one fight...then I don't know what to tell you. In that case, Frazier is better than Ali, Saddler better than Pep and Marciano better than Moore.
                He also lost more often and "better" (I guess worst) than Floyd did. Does that count for anything?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

He didnt BEAT the better opponents. Time to kill that noise.
                  Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 04-21-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    he didnt BEAT the better opponents. time to kill that noise.
                    who did floyd mayweather beat, and/or do so in a more dominating fashion than Pacquiao beating Barrera, Morales, JMM, Bradley, Hatton, Oscar, Cotto, Marg?

Mayweathers best win is a SD over Oscar, or close wins over Castillo or a tough but impressive night against Hatton. Who else is there, Corrales? Ortiz? Guerrero? Berto? Genaro?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      He also lost more often and "better" (I guess worst) than Floyd did. Does that count for anything?
                      Losses do count of course but Pacquiao only lost to ATGs/HOFers during his prime years, that's Morales and JMM but he also completed multiple victories over those same guys. Just because Marciano was unbeaten ,was he a better heavyweight than Ali or Lewis or Foreman?

Being second to Pacquiao or 3rd to Hopkins is in noway a smear. Mayweather was a great fighter, one of the best but Pacquiao did more and looked better doing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X