Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connor McGregor announces retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be a Tyson Fury style tongue in cheek thing to get attention, but Ariel Helwani (the guy who is usually like the main UFC interviewer and journalist) just tweeted that hours later "multiple sources maintaining McGregor's tweet is real". UFC working on next steps at this time."

Comment

He finally watched his fight vs diaz.

Comment

See in Summerslam McGregor

Comment

Well, I think any one of us can recognize that, eventually, sports like boxing, football, and MMA need to be banned. It's hypocritical of me to say so, since I'm a big fan of boxing, but it's the truth. Human beings need to be stopped from themselves, and any sport in which one of the aims is to cause an opponent harm is a terrible idea. It's the opposite of what sport should be. Human ****fighting is no better than people fighting dogs, or something crazy like that. Poor people putting on a show for the rich, at the expense of their own lives.

Comment

Even if he was retiring due to what happened with that Portuguese kid last week, he wouldn't do it like this. Maybe he'll take a few months out or something but he's not retiring.

Comment

I can sniff hype jobs a mile away and I've been telling people about this guy for more than 2 years now.

Comment

It's a tweet. I doubt it's true. Probably meant he'll retire soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I can sniff hype jobs a mile away and I've been telling people about this guy for more than 2 years now.
                  Man he knocked Jose Aldo in 13 seconds. Hype job or not that was some legendary shit.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                    Well, I think any one of us can recognize that, eventually, sports like boxing, football, and MMA need to be banned. It's hypocritical of me to say so, since I'm a big fan of boxing, but it's the truth. Human beings need to be stopped from themselves, and any sport in which one of the aims is to cause an opponent harm is a terrible idea. It's the opposite of what sport should be. Human ****fighting is no better than people fighting dogs, or something crazy like that. Poor people putting on a show for the rich, at the expense of their own lives.
                    I disagree. I don't think we'll ever nerf the world. Or I hope not anyway. I think there is value in being in touch with danger & risk. Its part of what makes life worth living. We shouldn't be pushed from things we enjoy however dangerous they are. But certainly everyone isn't capable of taking those risks. And you basically would need to make everything illegal from dangerous sports like boxing/mma/car racing to monitoring how much cheese & processed food people eat cuz that **** isn't healthy for your body/longevity either.

Comment

It's official

https://twitter.com/CharlyArnolt/sta...62319222329344

Comment

Working...
                      X