No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Algieri PBC Card Draws TV Average of 1.24 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BWC View Post
    Duva is just sore her boy Glazkov blew out his knee in what was supposed to be a cherry pick title fight
    Maybe she is but she has a point she put on cards with infinitely lower budgets and got better ratings on the same network.

Comment

The interesting thing will be how will Spence draw in his next fight assuming he fights someone decent. It does depend on opposition but if the number continues to grow is what matters rather than the starting point. Spence certainly ain't no big draw, but he has potential so putting him in a main event to gets the ball rolling on that process.

It is a cost of doing business in boxing~

Comment

That was a good card for free TV! I hope PBC continues to bring us quality fights. It just makes HBO and Showtime have to step their games up. It also makes PPVs elevate their games! We should only pay for Canelo vs. GGG, and Kovalev vs. Ward! That would really make a statement!

Comment

ya pbc just needs to take over spike

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
            Didnt see the broadcast yet, but did SRL stop broadcasting for good? Great fighter, but one of the most boring personality on the mic
            I dont know but I hope so ,Agree with you , SRL and Albert weren't a good fit so whether it was too costly or to change it up it was definitly needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Notice that Bob Arum was smart enough to put his PPV on before the NBA playoffs started. And even then it still seems to have gotten very disappointing numbers.

PBC seem like amateurs when it comes to choosing ideal dates to best showcase their product.

U remember about 4 years ago when pacquiao waited till after a nba playoff game to come out for his fight?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Fight also only did attendance of 7k at the barclays (which holds 19k). Real bad even worse when you consider all the free tickets PBC is known to just give away. My guess this fight lucky if they sold just 4k tickets.
                whenever i hear a section of a boxing crowd chanting "USA USA USA" i assume they have been planted there to create an illusion of atmosphere for the TV audience. or do americans actually just chant this apropos of nothing at sporting events?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  The interesting thing will be how will Spence draw in his next fight assuming he fights someone decent. It does depend on opposition but if the number continues to grow is what matters rather than the starting point. Spence certainly ain't no big draw, but he has potential so putting him in a main event to gets the ball rolling on that process.

It is a cost of doing business in boxing~
                  1.2 is not actually a bad springboard for a prospect in the usual context of boxing viewership. it was a good performance too so you'd have to assume that most of them would be willing to watch him again, and probably even seek out his fights on other channels

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Maybe she is but she has a point she put on cards with infinitely lower budgets and got better ratings on the same network.
                    And yet, we all know that NBC or none of the other networks are going to call her back to provide boxing programming for them.

So, what exactly is she puffing her chest out about?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      1.2 is not actually a bad springboard for a prospect in the usual context of boxing viewership. it was a good performance too so you'd have to assume that most of them would be willing to watch him again, and probably even seek out his fights on other channels
                      It's a huge difference between 1.2 on HBO vs NBC primetime

Comment

Working...
                      X