No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Algieri PBC Card Draws TV Average of 1.24 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
    A UFC fight going to the ground 90% of the time is the literal definition of "lack of action"
    And that's why I can't get into UFC fights that much. And when their BEST fighters make the most ROOKIE mistakes your scratching your head like WTF. Did that DUMB@SS REALLY try landing a flying knee from halfway across the ring??? Or when Ronda looked like BULL against a Matador in her last fight...

Sure they get some GREAT KO's but most of the time it's Two almost naked guys on the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      you could easily compare the paying fan numbers from 2008-2011(before Bryce Harper) to the paying fan numbers from 2012-present(after Bryce Harper
      2015 - 32,343 (Nationals missed playoffs, Harper wins MVP)
      2014 - 31,844 (Nationals have best record in NL)
      2013 - 32,745 (Nationals missed playoffs)
      2012 - 30,010 (Nationals have best record in NL)
      2011 - 24,877 (Nationals missed playoffs)
      2010 - 22,568 (Nationals missed playoffs)
      2009 - 22,715 (Nationals missed playoffs)

Comment

• 1.2 million people watched Spence on NBC in his 1st main event headliner. If they put him in with Ghost, Broner or the Ortiz/Berto winner next, I expect that number to increase given the opponent name value and the performance Spence put on.

Comment

• Good stuff!! PBC, HBO, Showtime, I coudlnt careless... Just feed me boxing!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            1.2 million people watched Spence on NBC in his 1st main event headliner. If they put him in with Ghost, Broner or the Ortiz/Berto winner next, I expect that number to increase given the opponent name value and the performance Spence put on.
            How so? More people saw Broner fight his debut on NBC. His next fight was against Porter a much bigger name. Yet it did worse ratings on NBC. Just like every NBC show has dropped in ratings. There is no evidence what so ever that these ratings will carry over to the next fight let alone go up. Actually all the evidence says the opposite. Thurman did more then double these ratings but only did 800k viewers for his next show.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-18-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• 2015/03/07: Thurman-Guerrero & Broner-Molina 3.374M NBC
              2015/04/11: Garcia-Peterson 2.882M NBC
              2015/06/20: Broner-Porter 2.327M NBC
              2015/09/26: Wilder-Duhaupas 2.179M NBC
              2015/12/12: Figueroa-DeMarco 1.817M NBC
              2016/04/16: Spence-Algieri 1.24M NBC

The numbers are bad no matter how you spin it. For Network primetime these are terrible worst then most reruns get and even if you just compare to PBC these are bad ratings. Every show has seen a big drop in ratings. PBC is not building new fans they are losing fans each time out.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-18-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                How so? More people saw Broner fight his debut on NBC. His next fight was against Porter a much bigger name. Yet it did worse ratings on NBC. Just like every NBC show has dropped in ratings. There is no evidence what so ever that these ratings will carry over to the next fight let alone go up. Actually all the evidence says the opposite. Thurman did more then double these ratings but only did 800k viewers for his next show.
                The next fight may not be on NBC but on ESPN, where numbers are growing. I think maybe Spence and anyone of the guys I mentioned could reverse the trend on NBC. If it doesn't, then we can re evaluate then.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  The next fight may not be on NBC but on ESPN, where numbers are growing. I think maybe Spence and anyone of the guys I mentioned could reverse the trend on NBC. If it doesn't, then we can re evaluate then.
                  ESPN you mean where PBC has not had a fight in what 8 months? And the last 2-3 fights PBC had on ESPN were the worst ratings PBC has had on ESPN getting beat out in head to head ratings with WNBA on ESPN2. ESPN had 1 ok rating (danny garcia) and 1 good rating (Leo Santa Cruz) everything since Leo has been terrible on ESPN and is why what was first announced as a monthly PBC series has gone 8 months without a fight (longest drought of any network that PBC is on). Again Thurman did 3mil viewers on NBC then went to ESPN and flopped doing just 800k viewers. Why would we think Spence is going to get better ratings when he only did 1.2mil viewers on NBC? ESPN ended last year with shows pulling in around 400K viewers. They have reruns of Sporscenter that air at 4am in the morning that get better ratings then that.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-18-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    ESPN you mean where PBC has not had a fight in what 8 months? And the last 2-3 fights PBC had on ESPN were the worst ratings PBC has had on ESPN getting beat out in head to head ratings with WNBA on ESPN2. ESPN had 1 ok rating (danny garcia) and 1 good rating (Leo Santa Cruz) everything since Leo has been terrible on ESPN and is why what was first announced as a monthly PBC series has gone 8 months without a fight (longest drought of any network that PBC is on). Again Thurman did 3mil viewers on NBC then went to ESPN and flopped doing just 800k viewers. Why would we think Spence is going to get better ratings when he only did 1.2mil viewers on NBC? ESPN ended last year with shows pulling in around 400K viewers. They have reruns of Sporscenter that air at 4am in the morning that get better ratings then that.
                    I get it, you are happy that PBC's ratings are not huge. Spence just put on a dominant performance in his most viewed fight to date. History shows that fighters that do this tend to see improved ratings the next time out, especially if they fight a named opponent.

You disagree and cite recent ratings history of PBC. You hope PBC continues to do poorly so it gets cancelled and HBO has the boxing spotlight to itself.

It is very weird to see a self described boxing fan celebrate poor ratings on boxing shows but I understand why you post the way you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Among the positive points that came from Saturday's edition of Premier Boxing Champion (PBC) on NBC was the emergence of Errol Spence Jr. as a major threat in the welterweight division. The unbeaten 2012 U.S. Olympian played to rave reviews in a five-round wipeout of former 140-pound titlist Chris Algieri at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      This sucks. It was actually a decent card.

Comment

Working...
                      X