Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Isn't Crawford vs. Postol a PPV Worthy Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Isn't Crawford vs. Postol a PPV Worthy Fight?

Today's boxing fan be like:

"Fighters today are divas. They don't fight anybody"

"He ducking doe"

"Boxing is dead. No good fights are being made."

"UFC has passed boxing. The best actually fight the best."

"Boxers are cherrypickers. They want the lowest risk for the highest amount of money."

Yet...380,000 fans purchased May/Berto, 400K purchased Pac/Algieri, 800K watched Floyd rematch Maidana, 350K watched Canelo/Angulo, and 500K watched Pac fight Bradley for a 3rd time.

Only the Pac/Bradley triology was a fight between two top 5 contenders in a division. What's wrong with this picture?

Shouldn't the best matchups be on PPV and the mismatches be on free TV? Since 2008, these are the only PPV fights that involved a unanimous 1 vs. 2 matchup in a division:

1. Mayweather vs. Canelo
    2. Canelo vs. Lara
    3. Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Is this proof that boxing fans don't care about the best fighting the best but have a casual side of them that just cares about the big names?

Money was shelled out for mismatch after mismatch, year after year, but when we actually get a fight worth watching it's time to watch your budget?

I'll buy it. That being said, casuals buy more PPVs than hardcore fans think. They want names they recognize.

Comment

He ducking doe.

Why does this fight need to be PPV though? Neither are a household name.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        I'll buy it. That being said, casuals buy more PPVs than hardcore fans think. They want names they recognize.
        This........................

Comment

Hell no, none of them put in that work and realistically we don't know how good either of them are. Crawford for example only has one stand out win and it was against a significantly smaller opponent who also happened to challenge him. I'll find me a stream

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            He ducking doe.

Why does this fight need to be PPV though? Neither are a household name.
            Which is the more competitive fight? Canelo/Khan or this?

Do you buy PPVs for the names or the matchups?

Comment

Im already paying for hbo and showtime...and now when one of these fighters fight a top guy i have to pay another $60....

Dont get me wrong ill be paying for this fight only because the cash wont hurt me and i can make a night out of it

Comment

As a boxing fan I would so much rather pay to see Crawford vs Postol over that circus act De La Hoyas trying to promote (Khan vs Canelo) but with that said, I wish these fights were just on regular HBO WCB...

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  Which is the more competitive fight? Canelo/Khan or this?

Do you buy PPVs for the names or the matchups?
                  Clearly Postol Crawford.

Who besides boxing fans know who Crawford or Postol is? Put it on HBO Boxing After Dark and people will watch, they wont pay 65$ to watch 2 guys they have never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Clearly Postol Crawford.

Who besides boxing fans know who Crawford or Postol is? Put it on HBO Boxing After Dark and people will watch, they wont pay 65$ to watch 2 guys they have never heard of.
                    I'm asking you as a boxing fan. Why accept fights like Canelo/Khan as PPVs but turn your nose up at fights like these? I can understand a casual having that mindset but shouldn't we be willing to pay to see the best fight the best as opposed to a mismatch involving a name fighter?

Comment

Working...
                    X