No announcement yet.

Errol Spence Jr. vs Chris Algieri, Glowacki vs Cunningham - PBC on NBC [4/16]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    I'm not sure why Algieri was so determined with the left hook. Like, I get it at first but after a couple rounds of getting whacked every time he throws it, and especially this KD, he should have switched to straighter punches at range. The straight right should have come more into play.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
      Everything is good brother. Good to see ya still around and kickin. Next shot is for you my friend.
      Glad to hear it, lad. Speaking of shots, I don't even drink as often as I used to. Have three or four for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        I don't like Broner's chances with anyone solid that size.
        Like I said, close and undeserved UD for Broner in a 12-round match.

People seem to keep forgetting, Spence uses his face to block punches. Broner would easily take rounds 1-3. When Spence ramps up in later rounds Broner would just get on the bike and pot shot.

That's IF it's the Broner that faced Khabib.

If it's the Broner that faced Maidana, Broner gets stopped in the 7th.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Like I said, close and undeserved UD for Broner in a 12-round match.

People seem to keep forgetting, Spence uses his face to block punches. Broner would easily take rounds 1-3. When Spence ramps up in later rounds Broner would just get on the bike and pot shot.

That's IF it's the Broner that faced Khabib.

If it's the Broner that faced Maidana, Broner gets stopped in the 7th.
          Spence is levels above Broner. LEVELS! He has no shot, I don't care which version it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
            Spence is levels above Broner. LEVELS! He has no shot, I don't care which version it is.
            Spence is levels above Broner if he can catch Broner. Which I argue he can't at this stage. And the one thing Broner DOES do well is control pace if you let him.

The other thing to consider, Broner's coming up to 147, Spence walks around at 154. He came down and faced Algieri with an impressive win, but Algieri had no bulk whatsoever, only speed. Broner's got both.

All I'm saying is, IF - big IF - Spence can catch Broner, Broner gets stopped. But if Broner gets on the bike, he will UD Spence. It'd be Calzaghe/Lacy all over again, knockdown included.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Spence is levels above Broner if he can catch Broner. Which I argue he can't at this stage. And the one thing Broner DOES do well is control pace if you let him.

The other thing to consider, Broner's coming up to 147, Spence walks around at 154. He came down and faced Algieri with an impressive win, but Algieri had no bulk whatsoever, only speed. Broner's got both.

All I'm saying is, IF - big IF - Spence can catch Broner, Broner gets stopped. But if Broner gets on the bike, he will UD Spence. It'd be Calzaghe/Lacy all over again, knockdown included.
              One of the worst posts I have seen for a while, congratulations.

Since when has Broner boxed and moved against anyone? Why would Spence have problems catching him exactly? Broner is flat footed and will get hurt against Spence. In fact it is completely the opposite of what you are saying, the only chance Broner has is landing something big on Spence, if he doesn't he gets outworked, overwhelmed, and stopped or at the very least UD with Broner surviving some tough moments.

Comment

• If we don't get Brook/Spence next, I wouldn't mind Spence vs. Berto/Ortiz winner, Peterson or Chaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Bradley outboxes Spence inside, taking him into deep, unfamiliar, and treacherous waters and drowning him.
                  Bradley would get stopped by Spence and at the very least beaten up over 12 rounds. There is a reason Bradley avoids these type of fights at 147 and he only beats opponents like Spence in fantasy fights.

Comment

• Spence did what he was supposed to do. He got a ko victory over someone who had been on the big stage but wasn't too hard to beat. I hope his next fight is the ortiz/berto winner- another name that's another step up.

If he wins that put him in with Broner (if he isn't in prison) or Ghost to end the year.

Kid looks like he has the goods. I look forward to watching him in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Since when has Broner boxed and moved against anyone?
                      I take it you failed to watch Broner/Molina.

Comment

Working...
                      X