[Rate My HGH Gut] The Anthony Joshua Edition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are we rating Andre Berto's?

Comment

He is miles off the size of a steroid using bodybuilder. Im 43 have a FFMI of 26 and body fat of 15% don't even workout or watch my diet. its always the ones with the poor genes that cry steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
        He is miles off the size of a steroid using bodybuilder. Im 43 have a FFMI of 26 and body fat of 15% don't even workout or watch my diet. its always the ones with the poor genes that cry steroids.

Bodybuilding steroid use and goals are completely different from those of athletes and even so...there are a handful of people in the entire world who are like Ronnie Coleman even at the pro bodybuilding level. Just because Joshua does not look like Coleman does not mean he's clean.

You may be lean but I'm going to guess sight unseen you don't look like Anthony Joshua. Also...at different time Joshua looks more suspect than others. For instance...

Last edited by jaded; 04-20-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Bodybuilding steroid use and goals are completely different from those of athletes and even so...there are a handful of people in the entire world who are like Ronnie Coleman even at the pro bodybuilding level. Just because Joshua does not look like Coleman does not mean he's clean.

You may be lean but I'm going to guess sight unseen you don't look like Anthony Joshua. Also...at different time Joshua looks more suspect than others. for instance...
          ^This. I used to bodybuild and have seen the differences in stringently tested athletes vs non. There are a lot of guys who are genetically gifted but, as much as I hate to point fingers, none of them get a physique like Joshua's while also training as a professional boxer. It just doesn't happen. If he were simply focused on bodybuilding, absolutely. But, not as a boxer. Doing that kind of endurance training makes it extremely difficult to pack on lean mass in that way. Let's not forget, the guy is like 6'6". Pics do no justice in depicting just how massive he is compared to the average pro bodybuilder (around 5'7, 5'8, though Coleman in the pic above is 5'11").

I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but look at "all natural" fighters like the UFC's Brock Lesnar and Alistar Overeem. Once they underwent a serious testing protocol, the truth came out. We can be kind and say innocent until proven guilty, but there's also a common sense angle here that's hard to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Fury is a clean fighter.
            Loooool tell that to UKAD. In no sense of the word is Fury clean, just look at his XXXXL shirts, covered in sweat, KFC gravy and Special Brew.

Comment

AJ is a roid monster. His HGH gut will be remembered forever.

He stopped dealing drugs and started using PEDs instead.

Turned his life around doe.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                Joshua has an FFMI of 26.5 at an estimated 10% body fat, so no, it isn't.
                The scientific evidence for the arbitrary cutoff of 25 FFMI is weak and flawed. So I wouldn't say a FFMI of 26.5 is a strong marker of PED use, particularly in elite athletes. Not saying he's not a PED user, but it's not really a good argument that he is. It if was 30 or something? yeah, that'd be pretty damning.

re: HgH; the current WADA testing protocols would probably not catch an HgH user. They've done as well as they possibly could in examining the isotopes but really the half life is just too short to be detectable, and the "biomarkers" test (IGF-1 etc) is not robust and any good lawyer would have it dismissed without even going to court.

I suppose if you're into karma and all that hippy ****, an HgH user would be substantially increasing their risk of cancer, autoimmune diseases, organ damage and a whole range of nasty things over the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
                  The scientific evidence for the arbitrary cutoff of 25 FFMI is weak and flawed. So I wouldn't say a FFMI of 26.5 is a strong marker of PED use, particularly in elite athletes. Not saying he's not a PED user, but it's not really a good argument that he is. It if was 30 or something? yeah, that'd be pretty damning.

re: HgH; the current WADA testing protocols would probably not catch an HgH user. They've done as well as they possibly could in examining the isotopes but really the half life is just too short to be detectable, and the "biomarkers" test (IGF-1 etc) is not robust and any good lawyer would have it dismissed without even going to court.

I suppose if you're into karma and all that hippy ****, an HgH user would be substantially increasing their risk of cancer, autoimmune diseases, organ damage and a whole range of nasty things over the long term.
                  Why would taking HGH give you organ damage and increase the risk of cancer? Unless it's more than just HGH? I'm an athlete and this is a serious question.

Never taken anything but creatine, vitamins, and diuretics personally but i've pondered going deeper but the risks keep me honest.

Comment

Yo this ***** said **** a 6 pack. I only do 8 packs.

Comment

Why would taking HGH give you organ damage and increase the risk of cancer? Unless it's more than just HGH? I'm an athlete and this is a serious question.

Never taken anything but creatine, vitamins, and diuretics personally but i've pondered going deeper but the risks keep me honest.
                      The key is in the name. Human Growth Hormone promotes cell reproduction and growth. A hallmark of cancer is uncontrolled cell growth. Of course, it's way more complicated than that but there is pretty strong evidence now that growth hormone promotes cancer.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...1691000000.pdf

FWIW this is probably also true of most PEDs - things like EPO, testosterone etc etc. Read Hanahan and Weinman's "Hallmarks of Cancer" and think about the mechanisms by which cancer operates.

http://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(11)00127-9

Comment

Working...
                      X