No announcement yet.

Loeffler says "no Brook, but Gilberto and Degale possible if they win"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    I wonder if gg would take a pay cut to fight Saunders. Just give him the lionshare to make the unification happen
    ... he has to come with money from home in order to get fights... Good business...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... he has to come with money from home in order to get fights... Good business...
      Everyone else has taken paycuts before (Kov,Canelo) but gg is a superstar right. And he's said himself all he cares about is unifying 160.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
        No but that's not my problem. My problem is the constant lying from GGG's team that people just accept. Obvious Haymon, Showtime and the weight aren't issues with Lara or Ward. Idk why they would rather fight Willie Monroe over Lara, but it seems they are just deadly afraid of Ward.

And I don't want to hear anything about money. Ward vs GGG is a ppv fight while DeGale isn't.
        Cause you refuse to use you brain, that's why. Both guys bring nothing, but one will fight for 100k, other will want 20x as much.

Ward Ggg is not a successful Ppv. If Ggg can sell that, then he could sell Degale. But they talked about fighting him in the UK, which is a whole different story

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Cause you refuse to use you brain, that's why. Both guys bring nothing, but one will fight for 100k, other will want 20x as much.

Ward Ggg is not a successful Ppv. If Ggg can sell that, then he could sell Degale. But they talked about fighting him in the UK, which is a whole different story
          As a fan, you're just ok with this? You're ok with GGG not fighting the best out there because of his bank account?

Comment

As a fan, you're just ok with this? You're ok with GGG not fighting the best out there because of his bank account?
            I think Lara is a no hoper vs Ggg. Zero chance of winning. But it's not what I want, HBO is not paying 2m to the guy that's #1 on their anti Gatti list to come run around a bit then lay down

Comment

I think Lara is a no hoper vs Ggg. Zero chance of winning. But it's not what I want, HBO is not paying 2m to the guy that's #1 on their anti Gatti list to come run around a bit then lay down
              Lara may be a no hoper, but he's number 1 at 154 and willing to fight GGG at 160. He's better than Monroe and Wade. I'm tired of thinking about what's best for GGG's bank account and what's best for his career/legacy.

Comment

Lara may be a no hoper, but he's number 1 at 154 and willing to fight GGG at 160. He's better than Monroe and Wade. I'm tired of thinking about what's best for GGG's bank account and what's best for his career/legacy.
                There's several ways Lara can make it happen, if he really wants to (doubtful)

1. Get himself an IBF mando spot. Should be really easy, heck he could have fought Wade instead of Zaveck
                2. Even easier, contact Gggs team to try to make it happen. They haven't even done this much, which tells you all you need to know about their level of interest

And again, it's not about Gggs bank account, it's whether the fight purses can be covered.

Comment

1. Get himself an IBF mando spot. Should be really easy, heck he could have fought Wade instead of Zaveck
                  2. Even easier, contact Gggs team to try to make it happen. They haven't even done this much, which tells you all you need to know about their level of interest

And again, it's not about Gggs bank account, it's whether the fight purses can be covered.
                  Logic and reason won't convince most of the critics here. Lara could also become a WBA mandatory if he beats Jacobs. Don't see them trying for that fight either. All tweet no action.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    Just like Saunders stated he wanted to fight GGG a day after GGG signed on to fight Wade. Just like Saunders said he wanted to fight GGG as soon as Saunders fight was announced. He's using GGG's name to hype himself. Everybody tune in to watch the gut that GGG is going to fight. Saunders-Eubank II is a bigger fight than Saunders-GGG. And Saunders would make more money fighting Eubank. Saunders is selling wolf tickets
                    Maybe, maybe not but he has moved on from saying "I don't want to fight GGG" to saying "I will fight him soon". It's a difference. Might just be superficial or he might actually mean it. Saunders seems like a fighting man, which is why his statement last year got me so pissed.

Maybe he's decided he wants to live up to his fighting spirit. We will soon find out.

Comment

Tom already said he doesn't have any interest in Lara. Why would they contact him

Comment

Working...
                      X