No announcement yet.

Golovkin would be an easy job for Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    GGG would go through Mayweather like a hot knife through warm butter. He has KOed 21 middleweights in a row and no 38 year old welterweight is going to beat him. GGG's standing offer to fight Mayweather at 154 has been on the table for years before Mayweather retired. If Mayweather thought he could beat him he would have already fought him. Mayweather was the champ at 154 but he went over two years without defending it and got a free pass. Now Mayweather is jealous of the attention GGG is getting and claims he could beat him and will fight him. But first GGG must fight Ward at 175. If he beats Ward then Mayweather will fight him. What a load of BS. Mayweather wants Ward to fight GGG for him. If GGG did beat Ward there is no way in hell Mayweather would keep his word and fight him. If GGG beat Ward Mayweather would just **** his pants. Ward has nothing what so ever to do with a GGG vs Mayweather fight. Mayweather needs to do his own fighting without having Ward beat GGG for him. What's funny is that Ward challenged Mayweather to fight him at 160 and Mayweather turned that fight down also. Mayweather fans like to brag how few rounds Mayweather loses but GGG loses far fewer rounds than Mayweather. GGG has all the assets needed to easily beat Mayweather. GGG is bigger and stronger. He punches twice as hard as Mayweather and Mayweather couldn't hurt him at all. GGG has a terrific left jab, and is a high volume puncher who puts tremendous pressure on his opponents. You are safe to predict Mayweather could beat GGG because Mayweather is never going to fight him. He will continue to insist GGG fight and beat Ward first and use that as the roadblock and the excuse for not fighting GGG. Don't get me wrong. I think Mayweather is a hell of a fighter and could probably still beat any welterweight in the world. I just don't think he can beat the best middleweight in the world.
    Couldn't have said it any better. It's like you read my mind and touched on all the points I had in my head. GGG at 154 is been out there for a while and we know Floyd would have taken that fight if he thinks he can win. Only thing I would add is that to have a chance to beat GGG, you probably would need to be able to keep him off you. In other words, he would need to respect your power. Potshoting is not going to get it done. And we all know GGG is a master in cutting off the ring and trust me, he will have Floyd cornered at some point and when that happens, shoulder roll and all, I would be surprised if the best body puncher in boxing doesn't crack Floyds rib. Long and short, I see Floyd having success early while still fresh but GGG catches him late and probably knocks him out cold. No knock on Floyd, GGG is just that good and happens to be the best middleweight in the world by far. There is a reason fighters are not lining up to fight him.
    Last edited by whirlout; 03-31-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

all of you have your STYLE! [like how one guy says here, "Honestly" before he gives his outcome prediction Floyd up against GG-GG [holding his "crap" IBO belt proving how LESS of any true FAN he REALLY ISN'T!I mean.. (Start over) ..."NON FAN!"]. "Honestly" as if their OPPINION they WOULDN'T LIE! RIGHT! (You all leading this with your "PERSONAL LOYALTIES"/ I'm imagining!)]
      Boxing is a mine field! Anyone can say what ever they like to say! +..FM
      >SHOULDN'T< Box gg unless the money is "proper". THAT MEANS 150 million because....it's better danger Vs the 160lber. Is that sort of money gonna be available? (Call me, 860-515-7680. I'll bring it to Floyd MYSELF)
      &,so...."CaptainSpaceRod" like to box ME from the BoxRec forum. & I am "game".......if we could do a contract I mean if I could do a contract because, that "chump" only going to FIT IN [he is 0-0 and talks about "making money". RIGHT! JERK! but...I am making a comeback now past three years and can't yet ADD a number to my 53 pro-am (yet)][or he is NOT going to "fit in" because...I think..he thinks..he is going to get something "handsome"/$..]
      [hope I am not bugging anyone. The boxing talk here is most part hypothesis no one can know.. &.. I am a "doer" can not stay ONLY on "Philisophy". &...my name is: check Roberto Duran at line 99. Check that fighter one of his ring dates web his b'date & that's my record]
      Last edited by GodOfBoxing; 03-31-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
        Pacquiao had a hard time hitting Floyd.

Golovkin doesn't have...
        1) half the speed of Pacquiao nor...
        2) half of the offensive skills of Pacquiao nor...
        3) half of the stamina of Pacquiao to constantly attack.

He hits harder than Pacquiao and is bigger, but what does it matter if he wouldn't be able to hit Floyd?

Floyd got a longer reach than Golovkin and is much faster than him. Canelo is about the same size as Golovkin, just heavier, and their skill levels aren't world aparts. Yet Canelo was unable to even lay his hands on Floyd. How would Golovkin be able to do it?

Honestly, Floyd would beat Golovkin easily. His defense is probably the best ever seen in boxing and it wouldn't be pierced simply by a weight and power advantage if the opponent doesn't have the neccessary skill level to use the advantage.

I think Floyd should beat Golovkin, which he would easily do due to his stylistical advantage. In doing that, he would have established himself as the undisputable king of 160lbs and below, with no equal.

However, 168lbs would be too much for Floyd. Guys like James DeGale and Badou Jack are bigger and faster than Golovkin and even while Golovkin is an arguable more dangerous fighter than them, Mayweather wouldn't have the same stylistical advantage against them.
        Dude floyd aint in his prime anymore. The guy is 40 and was looking diminished in his last 3 fights. You talk about floyd and pac like they were in their primes when they fought. They are both shells of themselves. Ggg is a puncher who cuts off the ring well and is physically way stronger than floyd. His style is a nightmare for an aging fighter who relies on movement. I don't even think ggg would have to respect floyds power...it would be a matter of floyd being able to fight the perfect fight. At his age, it's a tough ask against a bigger stronger opponent. What is it with some fans that they can't except the guy is retired for a reason...he knew he was slipping, and that's fine, he had a great career. If he comes back i doubt it's gonna be to fight tough fights against bigger opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
          hes like 40 and retired lol. Pretty ridiculous that floyd was undefeated for like 20 years and to get credit he apparently has to fight a middleweight at 40. Double standards at their finest.
          I would agree if that were the case...but op said floyd would beat ggg easy, what does floyd getting no credit have to do with it. Nobody should be expecting floyd to fight ggg anyway...154 was a push for him, he's nowhere near a middleweight. It was mainly haters that brought ggg up as a fight for floyd.

Comment

Unless Floyd truly does punch harder then given credit for there'd be nothing for ggg to fear so he'd just walk him down of course Floyd will move and box beautifully but I still think at some point ggg would catch and hurt him if that was ggg that hit Floyd lik manny did in the 4th I think it was it would have been over. But its irrelevant anyhow maywether never touched 160 barely 154 so it's pointless to bring up honestly

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
              Pacquiao had a hard time hitting Floyd.

Golovkin doesn't have...
              1) half the speed of Pacquiao nor...
              2) half of the offensive skills of Pacquiao nor...
              3) half of the stamina of Pacquiao to constantly attack.

He hits harder than Pacquiao and is bigger, but what does it matter if he wouldn't be able to hit Floyd?

Floyd got a longer reach than Golovkin and is much faster than him. Canelo is about the same size as Golovkin, just heavier, and their skill levels aren't world aparts. Yet Canelo was unable to even lay his hands on Floyd. How would Golovkin be able to do it?

Honestly, Floyd would beat Golovkin easily. His defense is probably the best ever seen in boxing and it wouldn't be pierced simply by a weight and power advantage if the opponent doesn't have the neccessary skill level to use the advantage.

I think Floyd should beat Golovkin, which he would easily do due to his stylistical advantage. In doing that, he would have established himself as the undisputable king of 160lbs and below, with no equal.

However, 168lbs would be too much for Floyd. Guys like James DeGale and Badou Jack are bigger and faster than Golovkin and even while Golovkin is an arguable more dangerous fighter than them, Mayweather wouldn't have the same stylistical advantage against them.
              Your a great salesman. So Floyd should fight GGG, you make it sound so easy?
              But Floyd would be underdog still.

Comment

Well why doesnt GGG need to move up to be great then? So floyd has to unretire and fight a middleweight to get credit, but GGG doesnt have to do anything but pick on welterweight floyd lol. Theres nothing for GGG at 160 except for canelo who will probably duck him, he actually needs to move up to be great.
                where is the double standard in what i said? i was replying to TS. so easy that he doesn't even need to take the fight to prove it. as i said before, sanchez (not ggg) talks a lot about a possible fight, but floyd enters the game by replying. we know he isn't gonna fight him. floyd doesn't need to fight ggg to be great he already is. but why claiming is an easy fight when you know the guy is retired and if he comes back he won't fight him?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Your a great salesman. So Floyd should fight GGG, you make it sound so easy?
                  But Floyd would be underdog still.
                  Well, having read some of the posts here, I feel that it's only fair to re-evaluate my opinion. I still think Mayweather would win, but it would be a very tough fight. Sometimes, I may make an opinion too fast. Golovkin wouldn't be scared of Mayweather's power like Canelo was.

Comment

Well why doesnt GGG need to move up to be great then? So floyd has to unretire and fight a middleweight to get credit, but GGG doesnt have to do anything but pick on welterweight floyd lol. Theres nothing for GGG at 160 except for canelo.
                    Ggg doesn't need to move up to be a great middleweight. Just like hagler didn't. When hagler ran out of middleweights to fight he bloated Duran and Sri up.

Yes floyd has to unretire and be underdog and fight a middleweight to get as much credit as the greats before him be it Duran,rjj. For floyd to be as good as he wants to be he has to do something a bit special. That's what special fighters do.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 04-01-2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Golovkin would eat and **** Gayweather before he steps into the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X