No announcement yet.

Golovkin would be an easy job for Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
    Lets ignore how Golovkin and Mayweather would go because that fight will never happen and is pointless to talk about.

But Golovkin is a nightmare for fighters who are primarily defensive. His punch variation, intelligent attack, amazing footwork and ring cutting ability power is just too much for a fighter that is usually retreating...which is why I laugh when some people bring up Lara as a fighter who can give him trouble. If Golovkin is to ever lose it will be to someone that is also an offensive fighter..probably a bigger guy who can take a punch, with fast hands and smart on the inside.
    You're a joke.

Pretty much every expert agrees that the only way to beat Floyd is to swarm him with activity and use rough house tactics (ie. illegal **** like low blows, elbows, head butts, karate chops, waist clinching/rope holding to stop lateral movement, mua tai knees, football tackles, etc etc).

Every time a fighter tries to outhink or outskill Floyd Mayweather they end up looking like a totally clueless idiot who also happens to become Mayweather's punching bag.

GGG has already lost half the battle even without stepping into the ring because he will try to use his so called skill, ring IQ, and tactical acumen against Floyd, which is exactly what Floyd feeds on because he knows that no one can play that game better than he does. Even Floyd's strongest haters (ie. HBO commentators) strongly advise against that approach when fighting against the Mayvinci Code.

I guarantee GGG would be reduced to about 15/18 percent punches landed and most of those will be half blocked, ineffective punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      You're a joke.

Pretty much every expert agrees that the only way to beat Floyd is to swarm him with activity and use rough house tactics (ie. illegal **** like low blows, elbows, head butts, karate chops, waist clinching/rope holding to stop lateral movement, mua tai knees, football tackles, etc etc).

Every time a fighter tries to outhink or outskill Floyd Mayweather they end up looking like a totally clueless idiot who also happens to become Mayweather's punching bag.

GGG has already lost half the battle even without stepping into the ring because he will try to use his so called skill, ring IQ, and tactical acumen against Floyd, which is exactly what Floyd feeds on because he knows that no one can play that game better than he does. Even Floyd's strongest haters (ie. HBO commentators) strongly advise against that approach when fighting against the Mayvinci Code.

I guarantee GGG would be reduced to about 15/18 percent punches landed and most of those will be half blocked, ineffective punches.
      Dude save the keystrokes, Floyd has zero chance unless Ggg is badly drained from having to make 154 or 152.

Comment

so easy that he didn't even have to take the fight to prove it. #easywork doe

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          so easy that he didn't even have to take the fight to prove it. #easywork doe
          hes like 40 and retired lol. Pretty ridiculous that floyd was undefeated for like 20 years and to get credit he apparently has to fight a middleweight at 40. Double standards at their finest.

Comment

Golovkin is smart enough to know he doesn't have to "outbox" Mayweather. When you have the size advantage, don't have to worry about getting hurt, have a good amount of skill, and have the power to easily hurt guys roughly your size and larger you're not going to try to "outbox" the smaller man. It would be like watching Stevenson fight Lara. Even though Stevenson really only has a left hand and Lara is a more technical left hand "boxer" by traditional standards, Stevenson would easily knock him out because he wouldn't have to caution himself nearly as much as if he was fighting another LHW. It would literally be a fight where you see one throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the other. It's not like they are boxing against some random person on the street who has a size advantage. The person they happen to be going against is an experienced boxer as well who can subconsciously remain defensively aware without having to overthink it like they normally would if they were fighting a person their size.

It is a fight that doesn't make sense at any point in time because Golovkin has to much skill & power to go along with his size advantage. I also think that Andre Ward is closer in size to Kovalev than GGG. And that should he and GGG ever fight the size advantage would take away from the use of skill similar to the way I think a Golovkin-Mayweather fight would go where size couple with skill would outweigh the other's skill alone.
            Last edited by Tails; 03-31-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

My h0es

Comment

WIFEY

Comment

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
                  hes like 40 and retired lol. Pretty ridiculous that floyd was undefeated for like 20 years and to get credit he apparently has to fight a middleweight at 40. Double standards at their finest.
                  where is the double standard? all i say (to ts) is that the fight is so easy the floyd doesn't even have to take it to prove how easy it is. how do you know i never gave floyd credit? ofcourse i do, one of the best of his generation

the thing is floyd also talks about ggg as much as sanchez talks about floyd. floyd is retired yet he says stuff like "if ggg wants to fight me he has to beat andre ward first" or "even if i beat him i won't get any credit" why? isn't he retired? what's the point?

btw, didn't duran won a MW title at 38? just saying

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                    Pacquiao had a hard time hitting Floyd.

Golovkin doesn't have...
                    1) half the speed of Pacquiao nor...
                    2) half of the offensive skills of Pacquiao nor...
                    3) half of the stamina of Pacquiao to constantly attack.

He hits harder than Pacquiao and is bigger, but what does it matter if he wouldn't be able to hit Floyd?

Floyd got a longer reach than Golovkin and is much faster than him. Canelo is about the same size as Golovkin, just heavier, and their skill levels aren't world aparts. Yet Canelo was unable to even lay his hands on Floyd. How would Golovkin be able to do it?

Honestly, Floyd would beat Golovkin easily. His defense is probably the best ever seen in boxing and it wouldn't be pierced simply by a weight and power advantage if the opponent doesn't have the neccessary skill level to use the advantage.

I think Floyd should beat Golovkin, which he would easily do due to his stylistical advantage. In doing that, he would have established himself as the undisputable king of 160lbs and below, with no equal.

However, 168lbs would be too much for Floyd. Guys like James DeGale and Badou Jack are bigger and faster than Golovkin and even while Golovkin is an arguable more dangerous fighter than them, Mayweather wouldn't have the same stylistical advantage against them.
                    He's crush Floyd with his jab, utterly destroy him. Look what Cotto did with his jab, now multiply that by 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      where is the double standard? all i say (to ts) is that the fight is so easy the floyd doesn't even have to take it to prove how easy it is. how do you know i never gave floyd credit? ofcourse i do, one of the best of his generation

the thing is floyd also talks about ggg as much as sanchez talks about floyd. floyd is retired yet he says stuff like "if ggg wants to fight me he has to beat andre ward first" or "even if i beat him i won't get any credit" why? isn't he retired? what's the point?

btw, didn't duran won a MW title at 38? just saying
                      Well why doesnt GGG need to move up to be great then? So floyd has to unretire and fight a middleweight to get credit, but GGG doesnt have to do anything but pick on welterweight floyd lol. Theres nothing for GGG at 160 except for canelo who will probably duck him, he actually needs to move up to be great.

Comment

Working...
                      X