Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHO ??? came closest to beating FLOYD???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Whatever you are smoking, I'll buy it. Makes you insane and ****. Where can I get some of that.

Vote dog, add to PAC!
    Many people including notable fighters/trainers felt Castillo won that 1st fight. Nothing really outrageous in calling it.

Comment

• Originally posted by b d w View Post
      Many people including notable fighters/trainers felt Castillo won that 1st fight. Nothing really outrageous in calling it.
      It was a close fight. I think Castillo won.

Comment

• Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
        Castillo 1
        Maidana 1

Castillo, I could see that fight being scored for Castillo.
        I think Maidana did enough for the draw at the very least.

As far as Pacquiao goes.

That fight was very easy to score. I had it 9-3 Mayweather, maybe at worst 8-4 for Mayweather.

Maidana and a draw is not crazy. I can see that. Chino was rough as could be. It was enjoyable.

Manny was too easy! Easy money Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
          Not sure why posters keep saying that fight was a robbery...if you watch it and score it round by round, yes it was a close fight...but how can Robbery be used?
          Larry, I found this article: The Man who nearly beat Mayweather.

Ironically, the second fight was much closer on the cards. Judges Ken Morita and Daniel Van de Wiele each had it 115-113 for Mayweather and Larry O'Connell scored it 116-113. While Mayweather has gone on to greatness, Castillo will always have a place in history for being the man who gave him his sternest test. That in itself, is quite an achievement.

"Even though I lost and didn't get that decision, it is still something I'm very proud of," Castillo said. "Not a lot of fighters that have faced him have gotten nearly as close as I have."

Castillo, however, shouldn't be remembered solely for troubling a great fighter. The fact is, Castillo has had an incredibly distinguished career -- still on-going as he plays out the string past his prime like many other boxers. He was able to regain his WBC title after Mayweather moved up and vacated it. His résumé includes quality victories over Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Juan Lazcano, Joel Casamayor and Julio Diaz.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...r-12-years-ago

Comment

• There have been plenty of men who came on Mayweather, especially on his face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
              There have been plenty of men who came on Mayweather, especially on his face.
              Maybe Justin Beiber in Bora Bora?

Comment

• People seem to be confusing their opinion with fact.

If you think Castillo won, that's your opinion and a fair one.

What actually happened was Mayweather was awarded a close decision in a fight that could have gone either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                  There have been plenty of men who came on Mayweather, especially on his face.
                  DLH, Cotto, and PAC tried, but lacked to tools. size or skills to win.
                  Good post! Thanks.
                  Last edited by Zaroku; 05-30-2016, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    People seem to be confusing their opinion with fact.

If you think Castillo won, that's your opinion and a fair one.

What actually happened was Mayweather was awarded a close decision in a fight that could have gone either way.
                    Close fight. Real close.

Could have gone either way for sure. No doubt about it.

Castillo showed real class, made no injuries up, nothing.

Even though I lost and didn't get that decision, it is still something I'm very proud of," Castillo said. "Not a lot of fighters that have faced him have gotten nearly as close as I have."

Comment

• i had Floyd edging out Manny by the slightest of margins...i think i had it 113.5-113 on my card

Comment

Working...
                      X