Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Andre Ward Shows His Moves While Ripping Haters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason i was kinda expecting to see headbutts and clinching incorporated into wards shadowboxing.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Barrera won the amateur world championship as a junior, same as Hughie Fury.

He beat Chad Dawson at the junior level too. His highest honours as a senior amateur were bronze medals in the Cuban championships.

That doesn't mean he can't be a good pro though.
      that isnt a bad honor..but my point was a lot of fighters are on point early but deal with distractions late...and my god just think of how many distractions cuba has to offer compared to a ward who was virtually a signed fighter by the time he was 16

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
        that isnt a bad honor..but my point was a lot of fighters are on point early but deal with distractions late...and my god just think of how many distractions cuba has to offer compared to a ward who was virtually a signed fighter by the time he was 16
        Junior world amateur champ is not a bad honour at all. You won't win a world title at any level unless you have talent.

I just find it strange that whenever Hughie's amateur career is mentioned in articles here, they never forget to state that he won his world title as a junior. But with Barrrera that info is always left out.

It's a pity it takes so long for many former Cuban amateurs to get going as pros. Rigo and Ortiz are both mid-thirties and Barrera is 34 but still only has 17 pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          For some reason i was kinda expecting to see headbutts and clinching incorporated into wards shadowboxing.
          He was practicing combos and shit talk in that session.

Head-butt and clinching practice takes place in closed sessions.

Comment

He was practicing combos and shit talk in that session.

Head-butt and clinching practice takes place in closed sessions.
            LAME.....is that the only thing you guys hold on to..he clinching doe...he headbutting doe......tell his opponents to LEARN basic boxing, protect yourself at all times and learn how to work out of or avoid the clinch...boxing 101

Comment

Junior world amateur champ is not a bad honour at all. You won't win a world title at any level unless you have talent.

I just find it strange that whenever Hughie's amateur career is mentioned in articles here, they never forget to state that he won his world title as a junior. But with Barrrera that info is always left out.

It's a pity it takes so long for many former Cuban amateurs to get going as pros. Rigo and Ortiz are both mid-thirties and Barrera is 34 but still only has 17 pro fights.
              the USA know how working relations with cuba, and they just played baseball there in cuba. So, yes, the guys prior to these times have sort of been screwed, but now that might be coming to a halt and we'll get to see wat cuban school is all about

we know have a US embassy there

Comment

Lol at this thread. A discussion of "sets", mixed with a little geopolitical insight, and good old fashion biased opinions mostly related to cultural and ethnic ties. And people wonder why boxing makes so much money lol I love this sport.

Oh and Ward dominates this fight. I like Barrera, but this fight was chosen to make his name by his team, and for HBO to set up the money maker. They know he won't win. Ward actually might stop this guy Dawson style based on his fighting style.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  hella people are saying that barrera has a chance. i need to watch some video on this guy
                  Please do so because you will see that Sullivan is quite basic as a fighter. I'm not hating on the man and I don't dislike him but he is slightly above average at best.

He often punches a bit too wide for my liking. Sullivan's style is absolutely perfect for Andre Ward. But it's the job of the promoters and the networks to make you feel that Sullivan is a "threat" and has a real chance of upsetting AW.

Comment

It's an honest viewpoint based on the careers and rankings of Wade and Barrera as opposed to GGG and Ward.

IF Ward beat Kovalev that would mean he is a lot better than I think he!

Well, everyone else is aware of that fact.

EVERY boxing insider feels different than you do.

Ever wondered why ?

It's funny that you casual fans need a road-map.

IF Ward beats Kovalev, it will be another piece of evidence to prove that you DKSAB..... and I can assure you that he is more than a live dog in that fight.

Comment

It is a much better fight than Golovkin/Wade you tool. Barrera is much more experienced than Wade, and it is Ward's first outing at 175.

Comment

Working...
                      X