Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ola Afolabi Explains Decision To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good read, good to know when to park it in... It's never easy but at the same time it is great that he can say am done. Like he said most boxers prime comes and goes quickly whilst some are lucky enough to fight in their primes others aren't so lucky.

Comment

That was a great read! Best of luck to Ola!

Comment

One fighter who never ducked anybody and was never in a dull fight.
        Absolute warrior.

Wish him all the best and a happy retirement.

Comment

Great story, wish you the best

Comment

Warrrrrrrr OLA!.

Comment

I hope he has enough money and is able to be smart with it.
              Mr Ehrmantraut. That is a great gif of the Sauerlands'. Clearly father and son. I remember seeing this on German television. Sticking tongue out like a snake.

Comment

Good luck to him, he deserves a happy retirement. Tough guy who probably did more than he could ever imagine, the product of real hard work.

I understand why it's hard for a guy like Roy Jones to retire than a guy like Ola though. Jones has been on top of the world in terms of boxing, so i think it's a case of needing to recapture some of that huge glory, feeling those real high's again, it's never gonna happen but they believe it can.

Comment

... Nice story... good writing...

Comment

He's made plenty of dough and that's what matters most.

Great little career fighting across multiple countries and he did finally get that world title and I'm certain that the fight with Huck seen him earning a very good sum of money.

Too bad he had to go out on a KO loss but Huck was on point that night but one thing to be said is whenever Ola did step up he always generally did give a good showing of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by grutsch View Post
                      I hope he has enough money and is able to be smart with it.
                      Mr Ehrmantraut. That is a great gif of the Sauerlands'. Clearly father and son. I remember seeing this on German television. Sticking tongue out like a snake.
                      Everybody asks me what fight is it from.

I think it's either Abraham against Dirrell or Taylor?.

Comment

Working...
                      X