Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ola Afolabi Explains Decision To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great read. I've always liked Afolabi. Happy retirement !

Comment

Good luck , a very bright guy and a pleasure to watch .....well done A.

Comment

Nice read, didn't know he had all these injuries. Wish him all the best for the future.

Comment

I had to read it again. You could feel his pride and love for the sport in every word. He also showed his pure class by explaining his story and decision to his fans.

Comment

What an inspiring story.

Ola's one of those guys who you just have to give respect to no matter what. Reading this gives me an even greater appreciation for his toughness and determination. He's truly a chip off the old school.

He's definitely making the right decision to retire now. He's taken a ridiculous amount of punishment in his career, and if he feels he's passed the point where he can operate at his best then it's only smart to get out now and preserve what he can of his health.

He had a great last hurrah knocking out Monobrow in brutal fashion, and his loss to Huck is no shame considering what a brutal puncher Huck is. He'll be remembered fondly by those who respect such things as hard work and determination and I hope he goes on to have a happy and financially stable life.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
              Nice read, didn't know he had all these injuries. Wish him all the best for the future.
              If we knew all the injuries every boxer carried into the ring with him we'd be amazed and ashamed to ever call any of these guys bums. Boxing's way more brutal than anything we see in the ring.

Comment

didnt last long

Comment

Working...
                X