Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Fight is at 155, Why So Much Concern About 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Step up? You mean sell his dreams and betray his fans by coming in drained so Canelo can beat him?
    "sell his dreams"?
    "betray his fans"?

Dude, this is boxing. These are grown men. Come on.

Golovkin wants to get paid and famous...or he doesn't. It's that simple.

Khan is playing Canelo's game because he wants that money AND he wants that fame. That's the game. Anyone not willing can only blame themselves.

Even if BJS and Jacobs were willing to stoop to that, they couldn't do it. GGG is Canelo's Mandatory challenger.
    Saunders is on record saying no catch weight, but if he wasn't, and he wanted the fight for unification, I 100% guarantee you it'd be made without Canelo vacating.

That's the power of the A-side and why Floyd was NEVER forced to vacate his Jr. Middleweight belt until after he retired. They go where the money is, period.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      "sell his dreams"?
      "betray his fans"?

Khan is playing Canelo's game because he wants that money AND he wants that fame. That's the game. Anyone not willing can only blame themselves.

Saunders is on record saying no catch weight, but if he wasn't, and he wanted the fight for unification, I 100% guarantee you it'd be made without Canelo vacating.

That's the power of the A-side and why Floyd was NEVER forced to vacate his Jr. Middleweight belt until after he retired. They go where the money is, period.
      Forget A-side.....this is for a WBC MW mandatory and WBC mandatory defenses are held at the division limit. Rules are rules and a-side doesn't matter in this situation. Either Cendela is a MW or he isn't.....and if he isn't, that punk-biatch better give up the belt so he can continue to beat up on guys that he outweighs by 30 pounds.

Comment

oh Canelo. I try to like you but these bull**** ass catchweights are ret*rded. You're not a !54 pounder, you're a full 160 pounder that is in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
          You are a 154 fighter?? yet havent fought there in 3 years
          Technically, you're correct. But, he's spent those 3yrs fighting jr middleweights, a pound north, in non-title fights. Which isn't all that uncommon. If the Cotto fight hadn't been for an undeserved, politically manufactured paper trinket. I don't think anyone would have an issue with Canelo considering himself a jr middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
            Ok i'll ask you the same as the other guy, what do you think Canelo will do after the Khan fight, vacate?
            It's begining to look that way, unless GGG is happy to concede him some weight in return for more money.

Both camps may be playing pre-negotiation hard ball. But if so, it's a bad time for Canelo to be doing that, for the reason I gave in my other comment.

Comment

"sell his dreams"?
              "betray his fans"?

Have you considered the possibility that GGG couldn't make 155 without seriously weakening himself?

He's almost 34 years old and has never fought below 160 in his whole career. I know he said he could make 154 for Floyd, but he knew he would never have to back that up. It was just talk, like when Ward said he would go to 160 for Floyd.

Boxers don't agree to weaken themselves by weight draining to the extent that they can't perform properly unless they are desperate or dumb, and GGG is neither. Neither is BJS, which is why he wouldn't go to 155 for Canelo either.

I'm sure Golovkin would love to fight Canelo for the WBC belt, which is why he agreed to give him more time, but he doesn't NEED to do it. In the long term, going in drained and losing would cost him more money than he would make from the fight, and at his age, he isn't going to get a second chance to be where he is now.

Comment

What are you a wise guy Saul? I wouldn't be surprised if ya cut off your pecker to make 154 easier

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Forget A-side.....this is for a WBC MW mandatory and WBC mandatory defenses are held at the division limit. Rules are rules and a-side doesn't matter in this situation. Either Cendela is a MW or he isn't.....and if he isn't, that punk-biatch better give up the belt so he can continue to beat up on guys that he outweighs by 30 pounds.

Dude, you can't forget A-side. Floyd Money Mayweather was allowed free reign for catchweights regardless of championship status. Never stripped. Not until he retired when they were not afraid of losing that money anymore.

Canelo is right behind Floyd in terms of money power. That's fact. They will not force him to do anything he refuses to do. Mark my words.

A-side.

Have you considered the possibility that GGG couldn't make 155 without seriously weakening himself?

He's almost 34 years old and has never fought below 160 in his whole career. I know he said he could make 154 for Floyd, but he knew he would never have to back that up. It was just talk, like when Ward said he would go to 160 for Floyd.

Boxers don't agree to weaken themselves by weight draining to the extent that they can't perform properly unless they are desperate or dumb, and GGG is neither. Neither is BJS, which is why he wouldn't go to 155 for Canelo either.
                  Canelo came down for Floyd. Weakened him. But at the same time, made him a better fighter. He hasn't lost since. Arguably he's a way better fighter now. He wasn't desperate. He was smart. He made multi-millions simply by going by the A-side rules.

GGG wasn't "just talking" about going down to 154 either, I don't buy it. I believe if Floyd agreed and it was booked at 9 figures, GGG would be cutting like a mofo. And then get schooled. And then people would just say "weight drained doe" instead of giving Floyd credit for being TBE.

I'm sure Golovkin would love to fight Canelo for the WBC belt, which is why he agreed to give him more time, but he doesn't NEED to do it. In the long term, going in drained and losing would cost him more money than he would make from the fight, and at his age, he isn't going to get a second chance to be where he is now.
                  Golovkin has to choose.

So far he's been called out by

Saunders
                  Eubank
                  Lee
                  Ward
                  Lara

Of that list, three of the five I believe would school Golovkin at 160. The other two would be destroyed inside of 8 rounds. But the point is, GGG isn't facing any of them either.

All I'm saying is, either agree to Canelo's terms and fight him under HIS rules after he retires Khan, or fight one of the other guys that are in the class and don't worry about catchweights. Stop fighting pies or stop whining.
                  Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 03-15-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Because your the ****ing champ at 160 even though he has never fought at 160,,,

Reason # 343775842 why boxing is a joke

Comment

Dude, you can't forget A-side. Floyd Money Mayweather was allowed free reign for catchweights regardless of championship status. Never stripped. Not until he retired when they were not afraid of losing that money anymore.

Canelo is right behind Floyd in terms of money power. That's fact. They will not force him to do anything he refuses to do. Mark my words.

A-side.

Canelo came down for Floyd. Weakened him. But at the same time, made him a better fighter. He hasn't lost since. Arguably he's a way better fighter now. He wasn't desperate. He was smart. He made multi-millions simply by going by the A-side rules.

GGG wasn't "just talking" about going down to 154 either, I don't buy it. I believe if Floyd agreed and it was booked at 9 figures, GGG would be cutting like a mofo. And then get schooled. And then people would just say "weight drained doe" instead of giving Floyd credit for being TBE.

Golovkin has to choose.

So far he's been called out by

Saunders
                      Eubank
                      Lee
                      Ward
                      Lara

Of that list, three of the five I believe would school Golovkin at 160. The other two would be destroyed inside of 8 rounds. But the point is, GGG isn't facing any of them either.

All I'm saying is, either agree to Canelo's terms and fight him under HIS rules after he retires Khan, or fight one of the other guys that are in the class and don't worry about catchweights. Stop fighting pies or stop whining.
                      You actually think Saunders Eubanks Lara Lee actually wanted the ggg fight? Have you ever seen any of them make a formal offer? Did you see Saunders turn down a career high payday avoiding ggg? Lara the guy who still fighting at 154 haven't even attempt to move up on weight or attempt to even fight decent fighters in his own weight class? You actually believe them?

Comment

Working...
                      X