Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO only offering $1 Million for Walters-Lomanchenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't it the promoters job to make up the difference? HBO thinks the fight is worth $1 mil, not the fighters. If Top Rank thinks the fight is worth more they should test it in the open market. HBO is buying the fight not paying the fighters purses. That's the job of the promoter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
      Will a TV network will pay as much money for a single fight as PPV can generate?
      will a TV network pay as much money for a single super bowl as PPV can generate?

no.

so why isn't the super bowl on PPV?

because the owners realize that long term, there is far more money to be made by having the widest audience possible and PPV over the long haul runs off most of your audience and makes it difficult to create new fans .

but in boxing, nobody ever bothered to care about the long term health of the sport until al came along. and so much damage was done before he came along that it would take half a billion, if not a billion, to repair the damage that was done and bring boxing back to the mainstream.

it's not about maximizing the revenue of one single event. it's about growing the annual pie for decades to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Everyone will go broke eventually, including Haymon's investors, which is down to the last 82M out of 521M, according a report.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=700628
        "according to a report" = a random dude on reddit that had no idea what he was talking about

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Isn't it the promoters job to make up the difference? HBO thinks the fight is worth $1 mil, not the fighters. If Top Rank thinks the fight is worth more they should test it in the open market. HBO is buying the fight not paying the fighters purses. That's the job of the promoter.
          The money a network pays usually goes to the fighters as a purse.

HBO---->Promoter----->fighters.

OF course the network's money will play a significant factor in the purse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            They don't make morons like you anymore.

Wilder fought four times in 365 days. 365 days is one year.

It is very common for people of low intelligence to struggle to understand nuanced concepts and assume those of higher intelligence are "morons" because they're too ****** to understand what's being discussed.

Deontay Wilder does not fight four times a year. He fought 3 times in 2015 and will most likely fight 3 times in 2016.

The fact that his first fight in 2016 was one day earlier than his first fight in 2015 doesn't mean that he fights four times a year.

When this year is over and he's fought 3 times in 2015 and 3 times in 2016, will your claim still be that he fights four times a year because there happened to be four fights in a 365 day period during two different years?

Your parents must be so proud . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
              "according to a report" = a random dude on reddit that had no idea what he was talking about
              You're naive doe. Everyone is hurting. Boxing is slowing down. Look at Khan and Wade. These are Haymon fighters. Which network is covering their next fights? Exactly. HBO. Who would have thought Haymon would let his fighters fight on a rival network?

Comment

It is very common for people of low intelligence to struggle to understand nuanced concepts and assume those of higher intelligence are "morons" because they're too ****** to understand what's being discussed.

Deontay Wilder does not fight four times a year. He fought 3 times in 2015 and will most likely fight 3 times in 2016.

The fact that his first fight in 2016 was one day earlier than his first fight in 2015 doesn't mean that he fights four times a year.

When this year is over and he's fought 3 times in 2015 and 3 times in 2016, will your claim still be that he fights four times a year because there happened to be four fights in a 365 day period during two different years?

Your parents must be so proud . . .
                I think you're struggling to understand the difference between a year and a calendar year.

Low intelligence, huh?.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  You're naive doe. Everyone is hurting. Boxing is slowing down. Look at Khan and Wade. These are Haymon fighters. Which network is covering their next fights? Exactly. HBO. Who would have thought Haymon would let his fighters fight on a rival network?
                  He also needs ST to pay for his biggest fights instead of it being on PBC. I don't have HBO or ST so I am all for PBC but most of the fights I've seen have been disgustingly bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    I think you're struggling to understand the difference between a year and a calendar year.

Low intelligence, huh?.
                    You're struggling to understand that some words have more than one definition and what you're thinking of as "calendar year" is one of the definitions of "year."

So when I write that top fighters don't fight four times a year and the example you provide to "prove me wrong" is a fighter that fights three times a year, you end up looking like a fool.

Next time you want to feel cute, put on some lipstick.

Comment

You're struggling to understand that some words have more than one definition and what you're thinking of as "calendar year" is one of the definitions of "year."

So when I write that top fighters don't fight four times a year and the example you provide to "prove me wrong" is a fighter that fights three times a year, you end up looking like a fool.

Next time you want to feel cute, put on some lipstick.
                      This argument about the definition of a year has been fun. Thank you for this stimulating debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X