Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders: McGregor Notorious? He Tapped in 3 Seconds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mcgregor tapped because he dared to be great. I can't say the same for you Billie boy. I forget Saunders next opponents name already. Bursik or some ****.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
      Another hater by sounds of it, try getting choked out by a professional jiu jitsu black belt and lets see hw long you wait before tapping! Anyway whether Connor tapped out in 3 seconds or held the choke for 15 seconds, either way he new there was no way he was getting out of it, he was badly hurt at that point and clearly had nothing left... So why cause yourself anymore punishment then need be when he new he couldnt do nothing. That being said he was doing well and had clearly won 1st round and was winning 2nd till he got rocked.
      Yeah, but Holly Holm didn't tap out. She blacked out and the referee had to stop the fight. That's why her loss isn't such a big deal, she lost with honour, whereas Connor peed himself like a yellow belly Irish drunk and quit. Shame on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        McGregor went up 2 weights for that fight, Amir Khan wannabe.

With that said it is absolutely stupid to compare the two sports. Ppl laugh at MMA records, but that's cuz there are so many ways to lose plus it is always best vs best as one promoter has all the relevant/good fighters under his banner.
        And into a guy that had a lousy 10 days notice and it was McGregor that wanted the weight and he had a full camp training for it , McGregor is huge fighting at the lower weights looks great beating up little guys and a bag with a guy his size , Diaz looked as soft as sht imagine if he trained a full camp .

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
          Another hater by sounds of it, try getting choked out by a professional jiu jitsu black belt and lets see hw long you wait before tapping! Anyway whether Connor tapped out in 3 seconds or held the choke for 15 seconds, either way he new there was no way he was getting out of it, he was badly hurt at that point and clearly had nothing left... So why cause yourself anymore punishment then need be when he new he couldnt do nothing. That being said he was doing well and had clearly won 1st round and was winning 2nd till he got rocked.
          He didn't just "get rocked", he was slowly broken down.
          Connor's grappling abilities are so shoddy that he had to tap that quickly. If he had even remedial submission defense he would have offered some fight and would have attempted to escape. I don't criticize his heart, just his abilities. A gatekeeper outlasted him in striking and Connor had no fight on the ground. Proven hype job manufactured through marketing and careful matchmaking. Funny enough, this was a fight he was supposed to win.

Comment

I won't be harsh on Connor because we know if he didn't tap and tried to be a hero and was out to sleep he would be criticised still and possibly be called a bum.

So he would be criticised no mater what!

Comment

Ahh the classic case of someone stepping up attempting to be great, failing and therefore being torn into by people who have nowhere near enough will for greatness as them.

If BJS was true to his word vs GGG his words would hold more weight. But he didn't, so all he is doing is joining the 'I didn't take a big shot, so I will tear down someone else who failed at it for my own personal justification' club.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                There's too many ways to lose in MMA. You could be a guy on vacation, get 10 days notice to fight the best fighter in the UFC, and still win by submission. I don't know what to make of that really, I don't know how to feel about it. What does that mean? Sure it's highly competitive in nature, but how can you have a full camp and lose to someone who barely trained for 10 days and was on a boat drinking with his friends? About the size, well Diaz was a bloated lightweight who could not make 155 because he only got 10 days, understandably. Point is, Diaz himself is not a welterweight, so he too moved up.
                Nate is a bad mofo, him and his brother Nick, they will fight anyone at anytime. They have world class bjj and spar with elite boxers like ward. I think RDA pulling out of the fight really screwed Conor, the change in opponent and weight played a part as well. It's not like he had a full camp preparing for nate, if he did he would have trained leg kicks because Nate can't or won'tcheck a leg kick to save his life. Admittedly I picked mcgregor to win due to Nate not having a training camp but in the back of my mind I kept thinking that Diaz is a horrible match up stylistically for Mcgregor due to the fact that Conor is not a wrestler and he will box with nate, if only he had a full camp I would have put money on Diaz.

Comment

Connor > saunders

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
                    Nate is a bad mofo, him and his brother Nick, they will fight anyone at anytime. They have world class bjj and spar with elite boxers like ward. I think RDA pulling out of the fight really screwed Conor, the change in opponent and weight played a part as well. It's not like he had a full camp preparing for nate, if he did he would have trained leg kicks because Nate can't or won'tcheck a leg kick to save his life. Admittedly I picked mcgregor to win due to Nate not having a training camp but in the back of my mind I kept thinking that Diaz is a horrible match up stylistically for Mcgregor due to the fact that Conor is not a wrestler and he will box with nate, if only he had a full camp I would have put money on Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
                      But how about Nate Diaz having 10 days though? He had no camp at all.

McGregor AKA Batman had no prep time for Diaz? Diaz had no camp at all

Comment

Working...
                      X