Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Promoter: Deontay Wilder Fight Will Happen in Russia!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said this all along... Long before Ryabinsky won the purse bid. Moscow, May.

Comment

• With all of the serial dopers coming out of Russia I just hope they are on a even playing field. Wilder worked hard to get where he's at today, and it's unfortunate that cheats get flown under the radar over there. But it won't really matter in the end, Wilder's gonna KO Povetkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        With all of the serial dopers coming out of Russia I just hope they are on a even playing field. Wilder worked hard to get where he's at today, and it's unfortunate that cheats get flown under the radar over there. But it won't really matter in the end, Wilder's gonna KO Povetkin.
        I don't blame Povetkin and his promoter for wanting the fight in Russia.

Haymon and co have invested a lot of time and money in Wilder and there's no doubt in my mind that if the fight went to the judges in America, they would award Wilder the decision however the fight panned out.

I've never seen a dodgy decision in Russia. All in all, it's fairer to have the fight over there.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
          I don't blame Povetkin and his promoter for wanting the fight in Russia.

Haymon and co have invested a lot of time and money in Wilder and there's no doubt in my mind that if the fight went to the judges in America, they would award Wilder the decision however the fight panned out.

I've never seen a dodgy decision in Russia. All in all, it's fairer to have the fight over there.
          I don't think it matters past home advantage. Nothing about this fight or the fighters tells me it's going the distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            People forget Povetkin sells out arenas in Russia with gates and PPV sales that eclipse Wilders. Povetkin will get the majority of TV money and gate and will make more than Wilder for this fight. Wilder will have to give some of the purse to his promoters while Povetkin won't.
            Povetkin is entitled to his % of the $7m purse but he'll still have to pay a % of that to his handlers depending on what deal he signed originally. They'll both be giving a % of the purse to their promoters. Probably not as bad as the Stiverne Don King contract where he was losing almost 50% of his purse though.
            http://*********************.com/ber...ng-promotions/
            Last edited by Arthur Daley; 03-09-2016, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
              You don't seem to understand how the purse system works. 7m is just the maximum the purse can be split between the fighters and their team. Anything it makes over 7m goes to the promoter to do what he likes with it. This fight may well now end up in Russia but still bring in USA ppv possibly. It'll make decent money from Germany too. Thus the money Wilder's team put up for their purse bid was utterly pathetic.
              i bet povetkins last purse u cant even find but u think 2.5 is pathetic for him? foh troll..and noway this fight is ppv in the states..

Comment

With all of the serial dopers coming out of Russia I just hope they are on a even playing field. Wilder worked hard to get where he's at today, and it's unfortunate that cheats get flown under the radar over there. But it won't really matter in the end, Wilder's gonna KO Povetkin.
                Every single top level HW is on the gear don't worry about that. it'll be even.

Comment

really????????

Comment

• Originally posted by wlliam View Post
                    Lets not act like it isnt shady over here in the states as well...dude ur hoping Wilder drops that title arent you?
                    hell no i dont want him to drop..i just want povetkin identified as a diva just like any other fighter would be called..and lets not act like haymon didnt give the decision to brook and mcdonnell over his own fighters..he's been fair to anyone crossing the pond..

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                      why is it suspect when a russian does something american fighters do 99.99999% of their careers?

it's not like US boxing judges have a stellar reputation... among the worst really
                      i dont know many times where american wont go overseas for more money..lol look at rigo he was just over tehre and is trying to fight frampton there bc he cant make money here...the truth is the mecca of boxing is the US the goal is to become a star here..now the uk is making noise but we'll have to see if that is a fad or if those guys can really produce...

Comment

Working...
                      X