Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone envision a way Algieri beats Errol Spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone envision a way Algieri beats Errol Spence?

I think this is a good step up fight for Spence but dont see how Algieri can win.

Spence isn't exactly a speed demon, nor does he excel in any one area. I don't see why the tremendous hype. Chris will be a good test to see where he stands. He's fleet footed enough that he may outpoint Spence. This isn't a wild mismatch.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 03-04-2016, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I think this is more than just a test for Spence, it's an actual fight, they are well matched.

Comment

A big ring.

Comment

Spence has not impressed me at all to be honest

Comment

Yeah, use his experience to outsmart/outwork Spence. Mix up his attack by going backwards and them coming forwards. We have no idea what Spence looks like backing up, and Algieri has the jab, the footwork, chin, and the head movement necessary to make Spence uncomfortable.

Spence looks like the goods, but he's yet to be in with someone who can take his best shot and be able to dish out something mean in return. We're going to learn a lot about Spence in this fight

Comment

Algieri has won a world title you know. He's not a bum

Comment

Yes, Spence is over rated, he places shot well but thats pretty much it. He been tagged before and I even seen him hurt slightly (the annoucers didnt call it but he was). I think Algeri is a perfect fight to guage how good is Spence.

Does Spence Walk right through algeri and outclass him or does he struggle and win a close fight is what I will be looking at.

Comment

If he's out of his cage should be an uphill climb for Spence, if Algieri is in his cage then Spence should win comfortably.

Seriously though Algieri should try and outwork Spence. Try to keep the fight inside and go to work downstairs. When the fight is on the outside keep that jab in Spence's grill. And Algieri will get hit early and often in this fight, no way around it so Algieri should work on slipping/catching the straight left and countering.

Comment

Spence is a big welterweight. I'm not THAT high on him but I see those body punches wearing Algeiri down. He's going to land the more meaningful shots.

Comment

Working...
                    X