Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone envision a way Algieri beats Errol Spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence has never been in the ring with anyone even close to as good as Algieri. Algieri is tall, mobile, active, and tough. He has a very good trainer. If Spence beats him impressively, he would be the first person besides Manny Pacquiao to do so.

I can't see how this is considered a gimme for Spence. He has never done anything to suggest that.

Comment

Spence is definitely very hyped. Maybe he's the real deal but we have seen very hyped fighters not live up to it. There's no evidence yet that Spence is actually the real deal.

I heard people saying Spence will target Brook this summer for his belt because he will be mandatory. Well i think Spence might need a few fights before thinking about getting in with Brook. Kell Brook is no joke.

This is a good test for Spence i think. Algieri is a good measuring stick to see if you're heading for the top level of fighters or not. Any top fighter should be able to deal with Algieri, but if you're not then you might find yourself in for a long night. If Algieri had a little bit more power, this fight could be very interesting!

Comment

Simple:

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyKnuckles View Post
          If he's out of his cage should be an uphill climb for Spence, if Algieri is in his cage then Spence should win comfortably.

Seriously though Algieri should try and outwork Spence. Try to keep the fight inside and go to work downstairs. When the fight is on the outside keep that jab in Spence's grill. And Algieri will get hit early and often in this fight, no way around it so Algieri should work on slipping/catching the straight left and countering.
          John David Jackson is training Algieri, so I doubt he will be caged in. I liked how Algieri looked vs Khan with JDJ as his trainer, he should build from that momentum. It was a good fight. Algieri just barely let it slip away from him, but he put in some good work vs Khan. I think he can put in work against Spence and possibly outbox him.

Comment

Spence is no where near the guy you want him to be.

Quite frankly, when spence is forced to go backwards he's not impressive at all.

Comment

Spence is no where near the guy you want him to be.

Quite frankly, when spence is forced to go backwards he's not impressive at all.

Comment

cHRIS NEEDS TO AVOIDS BIG PUNCHES TO THE BODY FROM sPENCE AND HAVE HIGH PUNCH OUTPUT

Comment

NO NO NO. NO WAY CAN ALGIERI BEAT SPENCE. The gap in skills and punching power between these two boxers is as wide as the grand canyon. It will be as one sided as the Pacquiao-Algieri fight only Spence will KO Algieri because he is meaner than today's Pacquiao.

Comment

Well....I came here only to see what is being said. This is my first post (that I know about) here. Errol Spence Jr. has "unusual profile" right now. I have been involved 49 years..I feel for the Sport.
                    Probably Spence by decision.

Comment

I think Spence Jr is just SPECIAL and he will show it this fight

That being said I respect Algieri and I think with the right gameplan yes he can pull the upset absolutely and if Spence take him likely and think he can just show up, walk through his punches and get him out of their then he himself could get off to a good start then slow down and get picked apart late in the fight if he doesn't fight smart, pace himself and be patient

Comment

Working...
                      X